Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cotton totsbots

(7 Posts)
alkar Fri 03-Oct-08 16:24:27

I'm posting on behalf of a friend. She has bought some cotton totsbots and has washed them 3 times before using them and they have leaked. I think she might give up cloth nappies unless she gets this sorted. We use flufles so I can't really advise her.

How many times do you think they need washing before they are fully absorbant? She is using ME wraps and paper liners (her DS is 12 weeks old)

Cotton does not need to come up to full absorbency. That really only applies to hemp.

Did they leak poo? All nappies will occasionally even disposables. (Esp. disbosables imo) But, if it was poo tell her to ditch the paper liners until weaning when poo becomes more solid.

beansmum Fri 03-Oct-08 16:32:20

I agree about the liners. Fleecey ones work better for baby poo.

alkar Fri 03-Oct-08 16:48:11

I think they leaked urine but I will pass on the advice about fleece liners, thanks

I am amazed that they leaked wee. Sorry if stating the obvious but is she changing ever 2 hours ish?

And more importantly is she checking that no nappy is peeking out at the legs/waist of the wrap?

alkar Fri 03-Oct-08 20:18:46

She said it was on for 2.5 hours, I'll mention about the wraps covering properly. So in your experience they shouldn't leak if on properly?

BigBadMousey Fri 03-Oct-08 20:33:58

They should definitely not be leaking anything.

What size wraps is she using and are the Rikki or airflow. At 12wo I would think he should be in either the S or XS - depending on his build (they cover the same weight range but the XS is for smaller built babies). If there is any nappy poking out then it will wick onto clothes, if there are large gaping holes you will get the same problem.

I am assuming she is not washing in softener (?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now