Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH HIM??????????

(9 Posts)
nab Tue 01-Mar-05 21:27:22

SOME of you know my prob with DS. Two nights ago we started giving him milk with tea instead of before bed. Last night we lifted him at 10pm but no wee wee. This morning, bed wetter than ever. When he napped this afternoon I couldn't face 2 wet beds in one day so I put him in a disposable. Slept for about 2 hours and woke up with A DRY NAPPY!!!!! I asked him why he is dry with a nappy but wet in pants and he said because it is funny...He is nearly 4 going on 7 as he is very bright. I know he plays me as a violin in lots of other ways but what can I do? He is brilliant in the day. Never a problem ,just the odd dribble. I know it is all about hormone levels but how long do I leave it? Once he said he woke up and was weeing and couldn't stop (daytime nap) and another time he said he had already done it. Please save my washer which was groaning today under the strain of yet another set of bedding to wash.

Dior Tue 01-Mar-05 21:40:30

Message withdrawn

bambi06 Tue 01-Mar-05 21:43:49

i would leave disposable on a bit longer until he regularly is dry its not worth the hassle and they all get there in the end..good luck

milliways Tue 01-Mar-05 21:47:33

My DS was dry in day & during day naps from before 2 but took until 7 to dry at night. The clinic wouldn't see him until 7 but now take them at 6. Our biggest tip was to increase all fluids throughout the day - practically forcing him to drink at every opportunity until about 4pm. We also cut out all fizzy in the week. This was to stretch the bladder. He also had to count to 10 before doing a wee. It worked for us, but your DS IS very young still. Believe me, i prayed that he would be dry before starting school, by 6, by 7 - but he had to WANT it himself & the thought of beaver camp was a BIG incentive. We had a sticker chart with small prizes, trip to McDonalds, new pyjamas up to a sleepover for his friends when we finally cracked it. Good luck

cheryl1707 Tue 01-Mar-05 21:49:17

you can also ask hv/gp for disposable bed pads similar to what they use in labour ward, also if it is bad the h/v can provide you with mattress protecter- you know the plastic thingy

singsong Tue 01-Mar-05 21:50:41

Have you tried those disposable bed pad things? Pampers make them. You could lie one over the sheet and throw it away if it gets wet.

nab Tue 01-Mar-05 21:52:57

We only bought the disposable nappies because DS grew out of the washables. hubby would prefer full time disposable for all the kids but I hate using them. Hubby put him to bed tonight and used a disposable so I am not a happy bunny. DS drinks loads through out the day, never fizzy drinks, just milk and water. I'm not bothered if he isn't ready it is just if he is taken the mick then I am not happy. We were a bit later starting potty training. Even a sticker chart and the promise of Harvey the train isn't having any effect. May need a reminder about them. Or maybe he just genuinely isn't ready. Don't get me started on what DD, 19mth, is doing...

nab Tue 01-Mar-05 21:55:12

The Pampers mat just gets rucked up and they don't stop the quilt getting wet.

Dior: good luck for tonight!!

Dior Wed 02-Mar-05 10:50:16

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now