Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wrap advice needed, sore thighs!

(8 Posts)
gigglegirl Wed 01-Oct-08 20:06:25

Hi all

Am looking for some advice.

Have got my DD2 (4th child and third in real nappies) in bumbles with motherease small wraps. have always used these before with no problems. However, they seem to be rubbing my little ones thighs and leaving quite sore marks. Are fleece wraps any good? she is a heavy wetter and does sleep for 6 hours at times even though she is only 8 weeks and breastfed!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

BigBadMousey Wed 01-Oct-08 20:48:31

Not really - especially if you have a heavy wetter sad. If your DD is lying or sitting for any length of time the wetness will wick through to some extent (the extend to which it wicks will depend on the wrap) and you will get a damp clothed DD. Also most fleece wraps are going to be pretty bulky. Out of the fleece wraps the Stacinator is one of the best scroll down.

You could consider wool instead or a starbunz wrap. These are a PUL / Fleece combi, very reliable and only fleece will be in touch with your DDs skin. A bit pricey though!

There is another pul wrap with fleece bindings but I can't think of it's name. Hopefully someone else will remember.

needaholiday Wed 01-Oct-08 20:56:35

Try a wrap from here they're soft and well fitting. Sometimes babies have a problem with a reaction to the binding on the ME wraps.

Washersaurus Wed 01-Oct-08 21:00:10

We went through a similar stage with DS1 where he was getting a sore rash where the ME wraps were rubbing his legs. I briefly tried Nature Babies wraps which were better on his thighs but not as reliable (although mine were 2nd or 3rd hand). We managed to go back to Motherease without a problem eventually - maybe we moved up to a bigger size..can't actually remember!

Is it possible that the bindings on your wraps could be harbouring some nasties? Maybe they need a detox?

Ceolas Wed 01-Oct-08 21:46:27

I have a Baby Beehinds wrap and also a Bummis Super Whisper. I find they are softer round the legs and don't irritate DD so much.

The only downside with thicker leg bindings is they tend to absorb moisture when the nappy gets soaked and can wick onto clothes.

SilverSixpence Wed 01-Oct-08 22:54:57

hi, i have had the same problem with motherease rikki wraps, i find that the binding is quite rough and DS is quite active so it rubs a lot. i don't seem to have as much of a problem with most of my other wraps though.

gigglegirl Wed 01-Oct-08 23:09:05

thanks everyone!

May be dangerous on the pocket - have never investigated other wraps as always been happy with the ME - but now I've started looking could get addicted! especially with a girl! She'll need one to match each dress!

needaholiday Thu 02-Oct-08 21:23:32

grin now there's a thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now