Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How to stop poos in pants...

(7 Posts)
alicet Sat 27-Sep-08 13:14:12

ds1, 2.8, has started potty training this week. He is doing really really well with wees (0-1 accidents a day) - he was very ready to go and actually asked to wear pants before we started.

However he has not done a single poo in the potty yet apart from a tiny tiny bit about the size of my finger nail which I think was because he was straining so hard because he wanted a chocolate button! grin (we are using these as bribes incentives)

It's early days and so I'm not over worried and just pleased he is doing so well with wees. I also think that he probably needs to have a few accidents to know how rank it is to poo in your pants. But if anyone has any top tips to encoursge poo in the right place I would love to hear them!

BeHereNow Sat 27-Sep-08 13:23:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alicet Sat 27-Sep-08 13:54:53

This week he has been on both potty's and toilets (we have both a potty and a toilet seat thingy upstairs and downstairs) - I give him the choice which one he goes on each time. Usually chooses toilet.

SmugColditz Sat 27-Sep-08 13:56:05

He might not be ready to do this, however I would advise going pantless for a week. Ds1 was reliable with wee by 3 years old but not with poo until 3.4

alicet Sat 27-Sep-08 14:05:37

WHy does pantless help SmugColditz? Just curious?

SmugColditz Sat 27-Sep-08 15:32:29

because they forget they aren't wearing a nappy if they have pants on. If they have a bare bum they can feel they are bare.

alicet Sat 27-Sep-08 19:30:40

Thanks for cleraing that up for me! I always presumed that people said to leave them bare to make it easier to get them on the loo QUICK and also to give you less washing!!! Of course it makes perfect sense!

Tried this this evening and still no poo but will try again while we're in the house. Nice one thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now