Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DS (2.6) WANTS to wee on carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help please!

(3 Posts)
crokky Fri 26-Sep-08 18:01:07

I have been potty training DS (2.6) for a week. He understands that he is not going to wee/poo in nappies anymore and he does understand that wee and poo go in the toilet/potty. He also knows if he is going to wee/poo and can tell me (if he wishes to tell me). He also likes the stars and smiley face stickers.

However,

-he likes to hold onto wee/poo for ages
-if I tell him that he is going to briefly have a nappy on (to go out etc) then he actually won't wee/poo in the nappy and will hold it until we get home. Once we get home, he'll do it on the carpet.
-he needed a wee whilst we were at home and I took the potty to him and he replied "carpet" and proceeded to wee on the carpet

He really seems to like weeing on the carpet and I don't know what to do!

He is very tall and I would say probably has less understanding/vocabulary than an average 2.6yo boy.

crokky Fri 26-Sep-08 18:02:21

Oh and when he is 3, he will be doing 3 mornings a week at a nursery attached to a school so this deadline is stressing me a bit.

nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 20:28:01

want to add, dont stress about the deadline... 6 months is ages away in turns of potty training

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now