Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

just doing an experiment to seeif DS is ready for potty training

(7 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 26-Sep-08 17:24:06

so far in 20 minutes we have had 3 wees and 2 poos hmm and 30 mins with nothing.

pooka Fri 26-Sep-08 18:41:59

HOw funny - I'm doing the same. So far 4 pairs of wet pants. No poos. And nothing on the potty.

Am thinking not ready. But who knows? He should be ready - he's already 6 months older than dd was when she was potty trained.

Am wondering whether to carry on tomorrow. In whichcase, better get the washing on. And maybe go out (on my own) for supplies of more. DH shoudln't miss all the fun!

nappyaddict Fri 26-Sep-08 18:46:49

made it to almost 2 hours with nothing. he sat on the potty for a few mins, got off and then weed on the floor 10 mins later hmm

is it possible for him to know he needs one but not be able to consciously make it come out so he gets fed up of waiting and then oh no he's weed?

pooka Fri 26-Sep-08 18:50:27

I don't know. I do know by my experience today that ds doesn't seem to know that a pee is imminent.

alicet Sat 27-Sep-08 13:18:21

We're potty training ds1 this week. He is mostly doing really well. However a couple of his wee accidents have been literally just after he has been on the toilet, said he doesn't want to go, gets off then wees on the floor. He can hold it in too as he can wait a short time after he says he needs to go. So I don't know what it is!

I do think he often is having a lot of fun playing and then doesn't want to stop to go on the loo so maybe that's it?

Pooka from what I have heard boys are often much later to potty train than girls so I wouldn't presume your ds is ready just because it's much later than your dd

ledodgy Sat 27-Sep-08 13:23:06

Ds1 has just taken it upon himself to wee in his potty standing up he shook it when he had finished and everything all was going well until he started crying and waving his penis around saying 'mummy my willy has a hole at the end'. grin

Alishanty Sat 27-Sep-08 15:20:30

We are attempting to potty train our ds this week aswell. He is 2 yrs, 2 mths. He knows when he is going to go as he starts grabbing his willy and sometimes says but he won't sit down to wee. If he hasn't got anything on and the potty is around he will try and get it in the potty although alot ends up on the floor unless we help him. Twice I was out of the room and he had tried to get it in the potty so I assume he knows what he is doing. If he has pants and trousers on he usually wets himself but he does say 'wet' or 'oh no!', think it's just a case of not being able to get to the potty in time. It's a pain clearing up after all the accidents but we are going to carry on for now, hopefully he will improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now