Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

going for a pooh!

(2 Posts)
jcdc Wed 24-Sep-08 19:15:37

HELP,sad My 3 yr old has been out of nappies for 6 mnths but still will not do a no.2 on the toilet, is quite happy to fill pants and then be changed, have tried everything from ignoring to star charts to taking away toys when it happens, he has suffered with constipation so think this is root cause, can anyone give me hope.....

havoc Thu 25-Sep-08 16:04:55

I've being going through the same thing with DS. When I knew he wanted to go, I'd suggest the potty or loo, but he'd just scream NOOOOO! He then took to hiding from me - behind curtains, in cupboards, behind the bins outside! His next trick was to wait 'till we were in the queue to pick up DD from school.
In the end I put him back in pull-ups when out and about and backed off for a bit (saves washing and I didn't need the stress!). For about a week, everytime anybody in the family needed to go, we'd take hime with us and it seems to have done the trick. Five days on the trot and no accidents! (early days I know!)

But don't loose hope - it will happen eventually!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now