Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Holiday and Reusables

(9 Posts)
hedgehog1979 Wed 24-Sep-08 10:12:37

I think I am being daft but have baby brain so be gentle on me

I am using reusables for ds and we have a few weekends away coming up, a couple of nights in posh hotels.

at the moment i wash every 2 days so don't have enough to go without washing. cannot afford to buy anymore as ds will soon be moving up a size, can i wash them in the bath/shower at the hotel?

OR

I have several packets of disposables bought by mil, who still thinks cloth nappies are a fad. should i just use them up before he grows to big for them?

sorry for typing trying to feed too!!

BlueChampagne Wed 24-Sep-08 15:56:00

Use the 'naughty' nappies (disposables) as you have them, relax, and enjoy your weekends!

mummytowillow Thu 25-Sep-08 20:22:35

Use sposies, I'm a re-usable girl BUT on holidays I use sposies, pains me to do it but its easier, plus washing them is a pain!

pelvicflawed Fri 26-Sep-08 06:49:30

Use the disposables - I'm a cloth fan and at first I used to lug the nappies and bucket on holiday/we away - but after I left the bucket and a couple of expensive night nappies in a French holiday home I now use disposables when away. In my mind disposables have their place and thats for these kinds of situations - for me their just not a choice I want for every day. Have fun on your breaks.

smartoldblue Fri 26-Sep-08 07:11:42

I only took cloth when I was staying somewhere I could wash them (relatives/friends etc), or if it was just an overnighter and I could put em all in a wet bag.

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 26-Sep-08 07:31:11

Disposables and enjoy your weekends

lisad123 Fri 26-Sep-08 07:55:04

disposable sweetie and have fun

Ceolas Fri 26-Sep-08 10:44:24

[pelvicflawed] you must have been kicking yourself!

I'd use the disposables. They've been bought so will end up in landfill whether you use them or not. Relax and enjoy youe break

Ceolas Fri 26-Sep-08 10:44:52

shock pelvicflawed, rather!

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now