Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Holiday and Reusables

(8 Posts)
hedgehog1979 Wed 24-Sep-08 10:12:34

I think I am being daft but have baby brain so be gentle on me

I am using reusables for ds and we have a few weekends away coming up, a couple of nights in posh hotels.

at the moment i wash every 2 days so don't have enough to go without washing. cannot afford to buy anymore as ds will soon be moving up a size, can i wash them in the bath/shower at the hotel?

OR

I have several packets of disposables bought by mil, who still thinks cloth nappies are a fad. should i just use them up before he grows to big for them?

sorry for typing trying to feed too!!

BlessThisMess Wed 24-Sep-08 11:01:13

Well I always used disposables on holidays. I know some families who didn't - who stuck with cloth no matter what, but seeing as they're there and they've been bought for you, I wouldn't feel guilty for using them. You are still massively reducing the number that go to landfill and you don't need to be a martyr when it's a lovely posh hotel and you want to relax!

Have a lovely time!

hedgehog1979 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:41:17

Thanks for easing my conscience. MIL believes firmly that although she had to use cloth for DH as disposables were not around, I should 'move with the times'. On the other hand my mum loves the cloth nappy choice and loves changing them, helping me shop for them and has started giving SIL advice..."HH uses these, have you tried them etc"

I am die hard clothie, even when camping grin

But, if you already have disposables in, then I would use them up and have a nice break. smile

hedgehog1979 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:55:34

how do you do them when camping?

laundrylover Wed 24-Sep-08 13:02:30

I always used cloth on longer holidays. hand washed in Spain and Argentina and then used the machine in the UK in holiday houses.

I must admit that for a weekend in a hotel I'd be tempted to use dizzies - esp since you have some in!

Tell your MIL to move with the times herself...cloth is back in big timegrin.

northender Wed 24-Sep-08 13:04:36

Disposables definitely. We've used cloth on hols when in cottage or caravan with on site laundry facility but we've also used disposables (much easier on hols tbh). Give yourself a break!

wontbepreggersagain Wed 24-Sep-08 13:06:16

point out to mil that all the yummy mummies use cloth- don't cha know!! grin

if you've got the sposies in- they will only go to waste- use them if it will make your holiday easier and more relaxing- thats the point of a holiday after all!!

<<admits>> using sposies would give me hives and therefore would not a relaxing holiday make blush but i'm just anal about my nappies wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now