Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

calling all pre fold experts!!

(3 Posts)
rusmum Tue 23-Sep-08 20:57:12

Help yet again. I have cotton bottoms pre and am still struggling to get along with them. I cant seem to find a fold that fits and doesnt leak. pad fold leaks pooh, new born fold very bulky (to knees) and wrap doesnt fit properly then!)

DD is 8 weeks old, .

I can not afford to start again as got birth to potty pack ( stupid I know!)
so i either get on with these or go to disposables.

Advice??????

babyjjbaby Wed 24-Sep-08 08:35:56

have u done a pad fold with fanninbg out the back and using a nippa or bikini fold lie it out flat lay bayon top the pull it up between legs and twist hav eu tried rolling in the legs

JoyS Wed 24-Sep-08 10:12:51

Lots and lots of prefold info here: www.greenmountaindiapers.com/index.htm

What wraps are you using, the cotton bottoms ones? They are just like the bummis super whisper wraps on that site.

They will fit better in a few weeks, prefolds tend to be huge on newborns. Disposables don't contain leaks any better, and instead of just having to wash a nappy cover, you end up having to wash all the clothes and whatever she was lying on as well.

Maybe get a few more covers? Imse Vimse Soft are bulletproof and for simplicity the mothercare smart nappy covers work really well with a pad folded prefold and fit nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now