Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

are normal pull-ups ok for night time use?

(6 Posts)
olivo Tue 23-Sep-08 19:42:47

my dd is just two and is now dry during the day. we didnt expect it to happen so soon or so quickly (all credit to her nursery wink) and I am now wondering what to do with the several packets of pull-ups that I had stockpiled. I don;t know anyone else who uses them (most people seemed to think they were the devil's work - they were fab for my dd!) but was wondering if I could use them at night as we are about to run out of the normal nappies we usually use. Do you think they'd be too uncomfortable? having just got dd sleeping through and in again after a wobbly summer, I'd be loathe to let her get disturbed! has anyone tried them for night time?

bodiddly Tue 23-Sep-08 19:48:43

I don't think they are uncomfortable but I found that they weren't as absorbent and leaked ... I went back to normal nappies!

MissKubelik Tue 23-Sep-08 19:51:55

yes DD is 3.5 and still in nappies at night-time - she isn't a heavy wetter so we just use Huggies Little Walkers which are pull-ups. They are fine. We stopped using normal velcro-tab nappies on DD when she was about 12 months old because they dug into her chubby little thighs!

Surfermum Tue 23-Sep-08 19:55:19

We used them with no problems. I must admit I've always thought pull-ups were just nappies without the tags. Are they different?

fryalot Tue 23-Sep-08 19:56:39

they are not as absorbent as tab type nappies, but they are fine through the night if your child is not a heavy wetter.

They have always been ok for ds, who is the youngest, yet dd2 needed tab style ones for much longer

olivo Tue 23-Sep-08 20:01:26

thanks. they don't seem to be as absorbant, more just tocatch accidents; we used them when she first started going to the loo but was totally unreliable about it. her night time nappies are much lighter than they used to be, so maybe they'll be ok. will give them a go - have 5 packets left!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now