Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ella's House nappies - differences?

(26 Posts)
Ceolas Mon 22-Sep-08 23:47:59

Do I understand correctly that the hemp nappies and print nappies are for day use and the bum huggers for overnight?

Has anyone used the print/hemp nappies? Is one better than the other?

Ceolas Tue 23-Sep-08 13:57:41

Come on, someone must know about them!

needaholiday Tue 23-Sep-08 14:56:03

Not used them but maybe you could ask the makers themselves?

needaholiday Tue 23-Sep-08 14:56:04

Not used them but maybe you could ask the makers themselves?

electra Tue 23-Sep-08 14:57:57

I know the print ones are for day. I haven't used them myself but did have some hemp ones which I found a bit stiff...

Ceolas Tue 23-Sep-08 23:07:53

Thanks. I did see some comments about the stiffness on another site hmm

Just came over all excited when I saw they were Scottish!

hettie Wed 24-Sep-08 11:09:42

I use the bumhuugers overnight, but somtimes in the day too. Only don't use them in the day all the time as didn't buy too many (expensive compared to some others) I love them and they are my dh's fav..... the hemp does get a bit hard after washing but you just need to scrunch it up in your hand (like you were knedaing bread sort of grin) and then they come good.

redclover79 Wed 24-Sep-08 11:52:04

I have a hemp one, definitely a day nappy.

Ceolas Wed 24-Sep-08 12:00:43

Does that mean not very absorbent, redclover?

redclover79 Wed 24-Sep-08 16:22:46

It's quite absorbant but it would never survive a night on ds2! He can go 3-4 hours in it but he's not a power peeing type! It is literally the nappy with no booster, it is really slim fitting though (equivalent to a bumhugger without the booster). I also like it cos it's a popper nappy and he's figured out aplix!

Ceolas Wed 24-Sep-08 16:55:38

My DD has very recently figured out aplix too. Have been on the trawl for airflow wraps!

There looks like loads of poppers. Are they quite straightforward to use?

redclover79 Wed 24-Sep-08 19:53:02

Yes, easy to use. Top row to fit round waist and bottom row to fit round each leg. Meant to say I've found teh aplix on Ellas House to lose it's stickiness a bit!

BigBadMousey Thu 25-Sep-08 16:40:29

The day nappies are the only nappy I can still use on DD2. I've used them as her main nappy for 2 years so have a fair bit of experience of them.

Do you have access to a tumble drier? I really wouldn't recommend you use them unless you can tumble them for 10 mins every now and then to keep them soft. Other than that I found them to be very absorbant and the thinnest fitting nappy I have ever used on her (and we used pockets for a good while).

tbh they are best teamed up with a microfibre cloth (which is how we use them). Hemp is slow to absorb but hold a huge amount of liquid for it's bulk whereas microfibre is quick to absorb. The microfibre grabs the wees straight away and 'transfers' it to the hemp. Hemp takes an age to get up to full absorbancy so I always buy second hand. They will easily last up to potty training IME - they have a lovely high rise (lovely high rise????hmmgrin)and are very adjustable.

We use bumhuggers at night btw - popper fit. Agree with Redclover on the stickiness issue with the velcro.

If you want to try a day nappy out I have 25 here and I don't need quite that many blush

Oh yes, you definitely need an airflow with these - the rikki doesn't quite give the right coverage.

nappyaddict Thu 25-Sep-08 16:42:20

i use bumhuggers in the day and at night. well i think i do. is the bumhugger the one with the patterned fleece on the inside?

BigBadMousey Thu 25-Sep-08 16:52:57

grin - yes they are. I keep seeing them for sale on ebay with them done up but inside out hmm- no wonder they didn't get on with them grin. I use them during the day too - especially when DD2 is teething. I don't think they are that bulky compared to some....

Ceolas Thu 25-Sep-08 16:58:15

Thanks BBM. We do have a tumble dryer.

Would love to have a go with one of your 'worn in' nappies.

Would you sell us one or two?

nappyaddict Thu 25-Sep-08 17:00:04

i've got a large bumhugger that ds has outgrown if it's any good to you. it's from 20lbs and is the one with purple stitching and fleece with black paws on.

BigBadMousey Thu 25-Sep-08 17:10:04

ceolas - yes no problem at all. They are the second (large) size though - is that the right size (14lb+ I believe)?

Ceolas Thu 25-Sep-08 17:33:05

She's approaching 20lbs. How much BBM?

Will pass on the bumhugger til I've tried the other one. Thanks nappyaddict

BigBadMousey Thu 25-Sep-08 17:41:07

How many do you want? grin.

How about £5 for two inc postage? They are well used but they work very well still. They were 2nd hand when I got them.

My email is sillious_soddus at hotmail dot co dot uk

4andnotout Fri 26-Sep-08 12:02:10

Nappyaddict i would be very interested in your bumhugger if you want to sell it!

nappyaddict Fri 26-Sep-08 12:54:03

4andnotout - make me an offer

4andnotout Fri 26-Sep-08 13:14:06

Im rubbish at offers, so name a price (would put a wink emoicon in but this is a crap keyboard!)

nappyaddict Fri 26-Sep-08 17:22:11

ok i don't really know what they go for preloved so how about £6.50 posted?

4andnotout Fri 26-Sep-08 19:43:21

Can you email me sophie_grint@yahoo.co.uk to sort out payment, please x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now