Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

dd3, 2.5, completely dry at home and when out and about, but WILL NOT use the potty/big loo at nursery

(4 Posts)
PoorOldEnid Mon 22-Sep-08 16:26:07

I just let her wear a nappy to nursery now

We (me and nursery staff) have tried everything

she point blank refuses. She hates nursery so I am presuming that has something to do with it.

At home she is completely dry, she takes herself off to the loo whenever seh needs a wee or poo, undresses herself, wipes own bottom (pretty successfully on most occasions) and dresses herself again.

Anyone else had this?

ches Tue 23-Sep-08 03:27:45

If she hates nursery and is not cooperating with the staff, then I would find a different nursery TBH. She clearly is not getting along with them and not happy there and IMO that is the real problem, not the potty training.

PoorOldEnid Tue 23-Sep-08 10:03:29

I am moving her in January. I think I'll just let her wear a nappy until then.

cilantro Tue 23-Sep-08 21:51:48

My DD of the same age is having the same problem. For her, she hates all public loos as well as the playgroup loo so I think it is a fear of the unfamiliar. She refuses to go just like your DD.

I was using trainer pants, but then with these the playgroup staff can't see that she has wet herself. So I think I will use pull ups for a wee while until she shows that she is OK about going on 'foreign' potties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now