Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Leak Bum Genius Nappies

(4 Posts)
BabiesEverywhere Sun 21-Sep-08 16:33:55

My lovely DH helped by washing a load of nappies. Sadly he didn't know that you shouldn't put in softener and therefore he did !!!

On the bright side it was a load of my old version 1 bumgenius not the new nappies, on the other side they are now leaking Especially the stretchy tab bits, my DS clothes are getting wet

I have washed them a couple of times but it is still happening. Is there any way to strip away the softener, or make them properly waterproof again ?

Thanks in advance

LackaDAISYcal Sun 21-Sep-08 16:48:09

I think it's just a case of washing and washing and washing until the conditioner washes out.

Not sure whether a vinegar stripping works for pocket nappies in the same way it does for towelling ones.

someone will be along soon who knows!

I have got a microfibre towel that I use for my hair whch got fabric conditionered by mistake and it took months for it to get back to it's usual absorbency, but I didn't do anything other than wash it iyswim.

ches Sun 21-Sep-08 18:20:42

I've heard washing with dish washing liquid will strip it. Just a tiny amount, and keep washing until you don't see any more bubbles. We had horrific leaks with BumGenius when he outgrew them, long before he should've weight-wise.

BabiesEverywhere Sun 21-Sep-08 18:27:25

Thanks Ches Might try that on one nappy and see if it helps. My DS is only 5 weeks old so it can't be an outgrowing issue and we never had leaks/wicking until the softener incident...so I am pretty sure that is the problem but they are very old nappies and well worn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now