Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Was dreading potty training DD2 but it has taken her a week, am so chuffed have to post and tell you all

(5 Posts)
sweetkitty Sat 20-Sep-08 17:26:14

Decided to bit the bullet and potty train DD2 last weekend she is 2.8yo and I have left it quite late as I was pregnanct, had bad SPD then a newborn.

DD1 started after her second birthday and it took about a year in fact at nearly 4 she was still having accidents it was s complete nightmare she refused to wear nappies but had terrible bladder control (poos were great) I do believe some children have weak bladders one day I counted she peed 23 times.

So onto DD2 for the past 2 days everything has gone in the potty I know it's early days but a great start after a week, little minx will just take herself off and do it though and even tries to empty it.

I never knew potty training could be so easy I am well chuffed! Late potty training rocks!

(will probably be on here in a few months moaning she has regressed)

yummymummy1405 Sat 20-Sep-08 18:25:05

*pats you on the back*

Congrats on your BRILLIANT potty training. We have recently started potty training ds1 but have been at work today and he has been at home with dh and has had a LOT of accidents but hey ho tomorrows another day.....

sweetkitty Sat 20-Sep-08 19:19:28

Potty training DD1 was the worst thing I have been through as a parent I felt all I did was mop up pee for months.

One thing I did with DD1 that I think was wrong was putting her back in a pull up if we were going out in case of accidents I think it confused her more. This time we are only putting a pull up on at night, have gone cold turkey.

Best of luck

JODIEhadababy Sat 20-Sep-08 19:44:05

Congrats SK, well done you!!! In a week, thats fab, and to think you were dreading it!

JODIEhadababy Sat 20-Sep-08 19:44:07

Congrats SK, well done you!!! In a week, thats fab, and to think you were dreading it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now