Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is this a new baby in the house thing ?

(6 Posts)
BabiesEverywhere Fri 19-Sep-08 14:41:35

Background..We ECed DD from being a little dot (10 weeks old) and she has been totally clean from 9 months and consisantly dry by 12 months. We have the odd wee accident which never bothered us.

We always backup with cloth nappies for naps/nightime but if I wake her up in the morning she is dry. So I know she has nighttime control.

Fast forward to her being 2 years old and having a new baby brother. She has started to refuse nappies at night, she tells me, she is not a baby...bless her. So over the last week I have had wet sheets (and waterproof sheets) every night.

The frustrating thing is that, she will get out of bed in the morning, take off her dry nappy and get back into bed. Sit at the top of the bed with the quilt around her reading books or playing and then wee. But if she needs a poo, she will do it (2 so far) in the chair potty next to the bed !!!

I have talked to her and she still insists that she doesn't want a nappy and promises to wee in the potty but maybe she forgets by the morning.

I have tried cloth and disposables nappies and all types of clothes and backwards vests but she still gets them off and/or undone underneath the clothes (even backwards vest)

Any ideas.

Oh, we are pottying her brother and she loves to watch him wee and having his nappies changed. She is really lovely with "her baby"

GillianLovesMarmite Fri 19-Sep-08 14:50:52

You could try letting her choose an attractive nappy eg like the ones from puddlepants as I got some Thomas the Tank ones in case ds refuses to be changed. I'm v impressed with the ecing though.

BabiesEverywhere Fri 19-Sep-08 15:45:58

Mmmm, Thomas the Tank nappies would be a big hit with DD....off to look at nappies.

ches Sat 20-Sep-08 02:55:59

Can you get up with her and take her to the loo?

BabiesEverywhere Sat 20-Sep-08 08:17:17

Ches, That would be best, however I don't hear her wake up. I only have partial hearing and often end up sleeping on my 'good' ear. My DH gets up at 5am and is out the house before she wakes, so can't wake me.

I suppose I could set the alarm earlier but with a newborn in the house, all the sleep we can get ATM is a good thing wink

BabiesEverywhere Mon 22-Sep-08 09:22:49

Bought some disposable pull ups, I'm feeling very guilty about the cost and having to throw them away.

However she leaves them on and so no wet bed sheets. She was dry from her nap and so I reused the pullups for overnight, so at one pair a day it is not too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now