Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Look what I've found for wee boys - opinions please!

(14 Posts)
mcmudda Fri 25-Feb-05 15:52:58

I having a nosey through the exhibitors going to the Baby Show in Glasgow and found this company. They're selling a mini urinial for toddlers which fastens onto the big loo. Ds is 2.5 and ready for potty training (I think). My mum says to get them standing to wee as early as possible. Do you think this would help or is it a gimmick?

It's here: Weeman

dyzzidi Fri 25-Feb-05 15:56:17

Thats one of the strangest things I have seen for a long time !!!!!!!!

Looks a good idea in theory

emmatmg Fri 25-Feb-05 15:57:51

It would still end up all over the floor though.

tarantula Fri 25-Feb-05 15:58:31

Not sure if its any good or not but it did give everyone here in the office a good laugh tho. cheers

Whizzz Fri 25-Feb-05 15:59:19

I just love the name of the thing !!!

Mud Fri 25-Feb-05 16:00:26

IME they learn to stand to wee by mimicking not by a urinal (daft gimmicky idea if you ask me), they want to be like dad so can do it quite quickly

Don't know why your mum says you should encourage it earlier though, at least when they're sitting down on the loo you can teach them to point their willy downwards and everything goes in the loo, when they're standing up you have to cope with aim as well as wee and poo at the same / similar times

Mud Fri 25-Feb-05 16:01:03

that said I can't actually open your link for some reason

mcmudda Fri 25-Feb-05 16:02:00

I can just see ds gleefully flipping it backwards and forwards at great speed - that's the only problem..

mcmudda Fri 25-Feb-05 16:04:40

Good point Mud on the wee/poo at the same time thing. Big problem is that dh is really shy and always shuts the loo door when he's in there. Whereas ds has seen me in all my glory (!) from day 1.

So slightly different problem - how do I get dh to be more confident in getting involved in toilet training - ie demonstrating a wee

Gwenick Fri 25-Feb-05 16:05:39

hmm not sure really - a toilet has a MUCH bigger 'area' to aim for (*SMUG MUM MOMENT* - my DS1 (4yrs old) is about 99.99% accurate when aiming and always has been )

Gwenick Fri 25-Feb-05 16:07:22

mcmudda - re DH showing them - don't worry about it my DH has never shown DS1 'how' to wee in the toilet - but somehow he learnt to do it anyhow

Mud Fri 25-Feb-05 16:07:34

tell him to get over himself

tell him that he'll never seem so well-endowed to another human being as he will to his son

tell him to wait for that moment when DS asks ' how come yours is so big daddy'

mcmudda Fri 25-Feb-05 16:10:43

Mud - - excellent persuasive tactics - me likey!

Gwenick Fri 25-Feb-05 16:20:53

Just emailed the link to DH - his response.............

"That is sooo unhygienic........"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now