Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

nappy rash

(7 Posts)
nessa83 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:10:07

my 2half mth old girl has a bad nappy rash with at least 3 weeks ive tryd everything and it clears up and comes bck a few days later any idea wats causing it and wat to do about it ??????????

midnightexpress Fri 19-Sep-08 11:13:53

Are you using disposables or reusables? And do you use any kind of barrier cream?

I have always used Weleda nappy cream at every nappy change and neither of mine have suffered at all - it is quite pricy though (about 5 quid for a tube). I do recommend it.

DS2 had a persistent bit of dry skin at the top of his thigh for a while, and I found that Avent magic Cream worked well to clear that up (it hasn't come back either), so might be worth a try too.

HTH.

gingerninja Fri 19-Sep-08 11:16:04

Cornflour is absolutely excellent. trust me it really is. As recommended to my mum by my great grandfather and certainly does the trick.

change nappy frequently and have a bit of air time. Sprinkle on a bit of CF every nappy change.

dcb Thu 25-Sep-08 20:44:46

metanium - treats and prevents really well. more expensive than others but worth it if it stops it recurring (and only need to use a little bit)

forkhandles Thu 25-Sep-08 20:47:55

I second metanium, and also don't use wipes. Buy some aqueous cream (very cheap) in big tub for home and small tube for nappy bag, and use this and a tissue or cotton wool pad to wipe her bottom. It will be gone in no time. I also switched to Bepanthen in between times when the skin was good.

CJMommy Thu 25-Sep-08 20:53:29

Cotton wool and water to clean and then a layer of Metanium followed by a layer of vaseline. Actually, it works just as well by mixing some Vaseline and Metanium together and then applying to nappy area.

dcb Thu 25-Sep-08 20:55:00

i second using just water to clean as well - although aqueous cream a good idea if v bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now