Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

boys don't pee standing up when they're potty training

(24 Posts)
slightlyharried Thu 18-Sep-08 23:00:56

Do they?
I can't imagine it would be easy for them to work out - when does that sort of thing happen?

yummymummy1405 Thu 18-Sep-08 23:04:44

mine doesnt he sits down and plays with trains!

slightlyharried Thu 18-Sep-08 23:13:06

that;s kind of what I thought -and more fun... its my dh who needs to know bless him and his manliness

yummymummy1405 Thu 18-Sep-08 23:14:57

They do get awareness from sitting down tho well mine does when its facing upwards and he is on the potty but the wee wee is not

purpleturtle Thu 18-Sep-08 23:15:50

I think ds1 has only really started standing up within the last year - so aged 4 or so. I suspect he may be a bit later than average, but I don't recommend you try potty training standing up!

cat64 Thu 18-Sep-08 23:16:57

Message withdrawn

S1ur Thu 18-Sep-08 23:19:33

no they sit.

and read and lean over and have a look and then giggle.

Unless they are in the garden, in which case they stand. And lean over and have a look and then giggle.

I am bizarrely amused by that in between stage where they stand but don't hold themselves, they just sort of lean. around fourish.

Yanda Fri 19-Sep-08 09:12:14

Could you tell my DD that girl's don't stand up either - she did a spectacularly good shot standing up over the potty "look mummy, I can wee wee stand up!"

2point4kids Fri 19-Sep-08 09:14:46

DS potty trained sitting down and now he has just started doing it standing up 3 months later.
Better to start sitting down imo

cmotdibbler Fri 19-Sep-08 09:19:43

DS has always enjoyed standing up and weeing (from 22 months or so) - on the toilet you hold him standing on the seat, and now he stands over the potty and wees too (aged 2 and 3 months). He's quite happy to sit and wee, but standing up is more like daddy, and so better - you can always tempt him into a wee before you go out/in the restaurant etc by letting him stand up. He's just getting the idea of holding it too.

Seona1973 Fri 19-Sep-08 13:05:35

my 23 month old likes to stand while I hold the potty in front of his willy and then he does a pee. I am not potty training yet but do the potty thing a few times a day when I can. He has peed once on the big toilet but hasnt managed to do it sitting down on the potty yet.

ches Sat 20-Sep-08 03:00:01

Boys are versatile. They can stand outside and water the flowers, they can sit backwards on an adult toilet and make a waterfall and they can sit down on a potty and wee all over the floor when they cough and it makes their pecker point upwards. hmm

eidsvold Sat 20-Sep-08 05:05:53

you can get something called a weeman

here

revjustabout Sat 20-Sep-08 07:09:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Littleface Sat 20-Sep-08 07:26:18

I've just started training ds (2). He only wees standing up

slightlyharried Sun 21-Sep-08 22:50:11

I love it - the weeman I mean - but great - ds likes sitting fully clothed on potties but runs screaming when he's actually got a bare bum - or strangely hovers just in front of it - but standing up against the bath delighted to have a pee ... we'll get there some day..

MrsMattie Sun 21-Sep-08 22:51:38

My 3 yr old does both, depending on how he feels <whimsical little thing!> He only wee'd sitting down for a long time, though

VoluptuaGoodshag Sun 21-Sep-08 22:53:19

Mine learned standing up right from the start. He was very late however in getting to poo in the toilet, probably because he'dnever really sat on it. Swings and roundabouts I guess. You can draw a face on a ping pong ball to encourage their aim grin

mckenzie Sun 21-Sep-08 22:54:56

my DS learnt standing up. He pretended he was Fireman Sam putting out the fire with his 'hose' grin

geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 21-Sep-08 22:59:24

Mine loves doing "standing up wees" and never really sat to wee when training, but agree that it's hard to get them to sit down for a poo when they do this.

nannyL Mon 22-Sep-08 17:20:48

my 2 yeaar old poty trained standing up for a wee

i dont think he has ever sat down to wee

Bluebutterfly Mon 22-Sep-08 17:27:49

Um mine did... tried to make him sit (believe me - much less messy that way!) but he "wants to pee like daddy".

Great.

PinkTulips Mon 22-Sep-08 17:33:23

well ds's penis doesn't seem inclined to point into the toilet in any way shape or form when he's sitting and he's terrified of the potty (don't ask me why, probably the same reason he's scared of baby rabbits and wind) so i try and encourage standing up.

not that it's much of an issue, he loves the concept of going to the toilet but has yet to do anything in it other than drop an entire roll of bog roll down it so the nappies are still firmly in place!

crokky Mon 22-Sep-08 17:39:12

I am potty training DS at the moment (he is 2.6). He wants to wee standing up and picks the potty up and holds it by his willy (when he's not busy weeing on the floor)! I am just going to let him, I don't see the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now