Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DS1 (3) is starting pre-school on tuesday. Concerned over potty training issues and regressing.

(6 Posts)
NOgirlsallowed Thu 18-Sep-08 21:55:28

Not sure if I should be posting this here or on the preschool posts. Been potty training for a couple of months. For most of that time he's done brilliantly with very few accidents. However lately he seems to have regressed if he's concentrating on something or particularly enjoying an activity or gets ingrossed with playing he will wet his pants or has even poo his pants. This can happen up to 3 or 4 times in a day (wetting that is!) This is despite previously going many weeks with accidents being very rare indeed! He's just not asking anymore if he has something else that is occupying his mind almost like he forgets or has far more importants thinigs to do. When I ask or tell him he needs to wee (after observing his desperate dance) he says I'm alright when plainly he isn't!! Obviously very concerned about pre-school! Any advise anyone?

SlowDown Thu 18-Sep-08 22:17:01

Hmm, I have heard of some children that have less accidents at pre-school than at home, so you might be ok! If not, then pre-school will be v. used to it and your ds won't be the only one coming home on occasion with a bag of wet pants. At 3 some may still be in nappies, the boys especially. FWIW, our 4 yr old still has loads of accidents (sigh) and alot of the time says he doesn't need to go when he does...how long are the sessions. If it's 2-3 hours, then he might only need to go once in that time, so not too much opportunity for accidents. Another trick ds play is to not go before he leaves and then has an accident on the way home or has to wee into the bushes (double sigh...)!

SlowDown Thu 18-Sep-08 22:18:47

PS Good luck with pre-school!

NOgirlsallowed Thu 18-Sep-08 22:23:18

thanx!

NOgirlsallowed Mon 22-Sep-08 22:01:13

BUMP! Also he has to use toilets not potty at preschool. Has done this alot at home but never anywhere else. Only ever used potty when out even at my mums. Very attached to his potty and carries around the house!! I explained to him that he will have to use the toilets at pre-school he said no I want potty why can't I use my potty? Anyway the big days tomorrow.

feetheart Mon 22-Sep-08 22:11:31

Good luck.

My 2.10 DS started today and we had the little plastic bag of damp pants presented at the door on leaving. Apparantly he did it all fine but didn't pull his pants down far enough - ho hum!

As others have said pre-school will be VERY used to small children and their foibles about all sorts of things smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now