Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Want to use reuseable nappies but...

(19 Posts)
TarkaLiotta Thu 18-Sep-08 17:28:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sazisi Thu 18-Sep-08 17:34:58

Fuzzi Bunz are ace, the mediums fit forever (well, from about 4months and DD3's still in them at 19m), they dry really quickly (or can be tumbled), they're really trim, can be boosted, nice colours, and you can buy them cheaply second hand. Also poo comes off them easily
Wonderoos are very similar, but come in one birth-to-potty size.

Sazisi Thu 18-Sep-08 17:37:18

Totally know what you're getting at re Totsbots btw; fuzzis are in a different league

isaidno Thu 18-Sep-08 17:38:08

What about nature babies lovables? They're bamboo terry. They have long tabs with velcro which you can cross over for a skinny baby. They are also quite high in the rise for a long baby. They come with a little booster pad and also have a pocket where you can put extra stuffing, although this makes them bulkier of course.
here

TarkaLiotta Thu 18-Sep-08 17:44:36

DrHorrible Thu 18-Sep-08 17:44:53

The nappy lady looooooooooves tots wink

Fuzzis are good, but not great for heavy wetter tbh.

Bambinex nippa fastening would be good for her shape, but they are bamboo so not ideal tumbled very often.

Erm, I'm not being much help am I? blush I swear my nappy knowledge is seeping out of my ears

Love the name btw

isaidno Thu 18-Sep-08 18:27:23

they can be tumbled on low heat; I tend to line dry mine, or put them on airer and only finish them off in dryer.

Essie3 Thu 18-Sep-08 18:38:35

Modern Baby pop-in! Slimline, will fit a teeny newborn but expand to fit. Their value packs are good value (!) and there's 10% off - see the ad above!

The're bamboo, but can be tumbled. Just not every time maybe? I find an airing cupboard more useful than the td.

normar Fri 19-Sep-08 21:50:44

Hi after some initial blunders i discovered imsevimse nappies a swedish/german brand. I use the terry towelling kind They can be folder to fit smaller babies and they unfloded as your baby gets bigger.Type them into web to find out where to buy them. You use a nappy nippa to fasten them and I use motherease wraps for leak proof nappies. My little one is 15 months old and they are great and very well made. Been using them for 6 months or so and no sign of wear. Havent got a tumble drier but they will line dry or near a radiator overnight

normar Fri 19-Sep-08 21:51:59

ps of i forgot to say i also use a fleece liner in these nappies, these take the wee away from the bottom and make tipping poo into the toilet very easy

rempy Fri 19-Sep-08 21:57:51

fuzzis really no good for heavy wetter, need changing 2 hourly for a fairly normal wetter.

I used tots bamboozles until LO grew out of them, and now am on bumgenius, which do indeed live up to their name. Pocket, synthetic so dont need tumbling as they dry overnight anyway. Fantastic. Not as slim as fuzzis but do actually catch decent quantities of wee!

ninja Fri 19-Sep-08 22:02:00

Ella's house hemp ones are pretty absorbant and slim.

Check out the forums to get second hand nappies (can also sell the totsbots!)

TarkaLiotta Wed 24-Sep-08 15:23:56

Nappyzoneneedssleep Wed 24-Sep-08 19:24:56

COmparing slimness of modern babay pop in and bumgenius there is little difference - the difference is the way you use it - pop in has pop in bits grin and bumgenius is a pocket so providing the stay dry layer. BG have just upped there prices to £14.75 sadbut i am still retailing at £14 for mumsnetters wink. Pop ins are nice and soft on the outside though and kinda like t shirt material feely.

TarkaLiotta Wed 24-Sep-08 21:47:15

Nappyzoneneedssleep Wed 24-Sep-08 21:53:39

I only sell the bumgenius - you dotn really need a paper liner tarka and you wouldnt necessarily need a fleece liner in the MB its just preference and my boy gets a bit red and likes to stay dry. smile

Essie3 Thu 25-Sep-08 16:06:11

You would only need a paper liner (although I do question the 'need' at the mo, as my DS is still bfed) but if you prefer the 'dry to the touch' effect, you could use a fleece liner in the MB. Just preference, like Nappyzone says.

There's a discussion on the pop-ins here. There's a discount at the moment (see above) but Nappyzone is an independent retailer and it's good to support her!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 25-Sep-08 19:04:37

lol thanks Essie i dont actually sell pop ins but try many brands i dont sell just beacause i am obsessed grin. There is a link at top of page for a discount on pop ins direct....

TarkaLiotta Fri 26-Sep-08 10:03:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now