Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Dd wets herself as soon as we dress her.

(9 Posts)
ionesmum Thu 24-Feb-05 23:53:53

We'v e had a massive breakthrough in the past couple of days as dd1 is using her potty! . However, this is only if we take off her nappy and leave her. As soon as we try to put knickers on or get her dressed, she starts wetting again. What do I do? I would like us to leave the house again one day....

mummytojames Thu 24-Feb-05 23:58:55

have you tried getting her to sit on the potty directly before you dress her otherwise sorry dont know her age have you tried telling her shes not in baby nappys anymore shes in big girl pants and if she needs the potty you dont mind helping her with her big girl pants just keep the emphasis on big girl pants because she might be looking at them as nappys
hth as im the worst to give advice just starting potty training myself and just telling you what ive read

Fran1 Fri 25-Feb-05 00:02:01

Just trained my dd and she did this (still does somedays when she is busy). I think its just cos wearing the clothes gives them the "feeling" they are wearing a nappy again. I just kept reminding dd she was in knickers and gradually things are getting better. At first i put her in pullups when we went out, but as things improved at home, i got brave and we go out in knickers too. She has only wet herself once in public so far and that was in a restaurant! she was very tired at the time.

ionesmum Fri 25-Feb-05 00:07:23

Thanks! It's a nightmare, isn't it? I've read that pull-ups are a bad idea but I don't see how else we're ever going to leave the house! We've been trying the 'big girl' thing now for ages but dd just says that big girls use nappies...I have just ordered some Pooh Bear knickers as he is her favourite, and am hoping that I can convince her that she doesn't want to wee on him!

Fran1 Fri 25-Feb-05 00:09:42

I thought pullups were a bad idea too, but simply couldn't face it any other way!! TBH i don't think she is confused and we have now got to the stage where she refuses to wear one anyway, we have a fight every bedtime about it
Yes pooh bear is a good idea, this worked for many of the children in my nursery when we potty trained them.

ionesmum Fri 25-Feb-05 00:16:53

I know the feeling, Fran!

ionesmum Fri 25-Feb-05 19:06:07

Success! I love Pooh Bear

Fran1 Fri 25-Feb-05 19:54:39

Yippee, its great when your little one succeeds isn't it??

My dd is virtually trained, but we still have "off" days when she has a couple of accidents and then go a few days with none! The times she does wet herself seem to be when she is addicted to cbeebies can't tear herself away.

ionesmum Fri 25-Feb-05 20:35:43

Ah, yes, Fran, when they are concentrating it is so much harder, isn't it? My dd1 is three now so I'm quite relieved that it's finally coming together! Glad that your dd is doing so well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now