Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What reusable would you recommend for a baby with....

(8 Posts)
Swaliswan Wed 17-Sep-08 14:18:04

chunky thighs, a long body and a skinny waist?

I tried DD in totsbots bamboozles and found that she 'outgrew' them at about 4mo! I couldn't get the nappy to fit around her thighs. Also, the wrap used to curl over making the aplix fastening cut into her tummy. We gave up on reusables because I was so disappointed that she had already outgrown them. I also really struggled with finding clothes that fitted her given how long she is in the body already (I don't have the money to buy the special clothes).

Anyway, we're expecting DC2 so I would appreciate your ideas.

DrHorrible Wed 17-Sep-08 15:03:07

Nippa fastening either bambinex or bambeasy - if she has a skinny arse, then bambinex, if not, bambeasy

Octothechildherder Thu 18-Sep-08 09:32:28

fuzzis - adjust on leg and tummy to get good fit. Avoid velcro wraps - choose popper if using a two part system.

Swaliswan Thu 18-Sep-08 13:37:26

Thanks for your ideas. I've been looking at pics on line and have also noticed that flexitots and swaddlebees are cut high in the leg as are nature babies wraps. Do you have any experience of them?

Octothechildherder Thu 18-Sep-08 14:20:02

Flexitots are high in the leg so would be better - as are tots covers.

DrHorrible Thu 18-Sep-08 21:19:21

yup def go for flexis over swaddlebees

tellyaddict Fri 19-Sep-08 18:03:25

I've got same problem - I am trying to resolve it by buying larger (size 3) Tots Bots and Modern Baby nappies for my (25lb) 9 mo.

tutu100 Fri 19-Sep-08 23:29:52

IME 1st size nappies are outgrown very quickly so don't be despondant by that. Size 2 nappies will probably last till potty training. Also as your DD grows the size of the nappy will not seem as bulky in relation to her body so clothes fitting becomes easier.

I have a ds and found TU clothing at Sainsbury's very reasonable, wears extremely well and easily covered all his cloth nappies. However I don't know if that is the same for their girls clothing as well. I also bought some bits from Cut 4 Cloth which is now Frugi and whilst their stuff is more pricey, it is lovely quality and at the moment they still have a 70% off sale.

My ds had a long body, skinny waist and thighs that varied in size during growth spurts. He outgrew the rise of Tots before he was 2. However nappies that I found suited him were Motherease Sandy's, Fuzzi Bunz and Kushies (although a lot of people don't like Kushies, but I found them pretty good). I used Motherease airflows over his 2 part nappies which eliminated the rubbing aplix problem.

The great thing about the airflows, sandy's and fuzzi's is that you can use them as pull ups which is handy if you have a child that doesn't like being changed, and also great when you get round to potty training.

As you are expecting another child I would spend out on the nappies if you can afford it as you will save so much money and I really do mean that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now