Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Quick Poll - Wonderoos or Bumgenius?

(19 Posts)
Bodkin Wed 17-Sep-08 13:48:55

I want to get some pocket nappies as my 14 month old is just tooooooo wriggly for my trusty motherease onesize and wraps these days. So far, I think the general consensus is that these two are the best makes... but which one has the edge? Or is there a better pocket out there?

She is petite by the way (still only about 18.5 lbs)

StormInanEcup Wed 17-Sep-08 17:18:12

Message withdrawn

chipmonkey Wed 17-Sep-08 18:23:06

My bumgenius lasted a lot longer than my Wonderoos but my Fuzzi Bunz were better again! The only disadvantage to fuzzi bunz is that you have to buy bigger sizes as your baby grows but ds3 seemed to be in Medium for ages.

chipmonkey Wed 17-Sep-08 18:23:31

I found wonderoos a terrible fit btw!

noolia Thu 18-Sep-08 17:53:43

I like my bumgenius - dd has been in them since two weeks / 9lbs.

Pollyanna Thu 18-Sep-08 17:56:26

I really like my bumgenius and fuzzi bunz but haven't tried wonderoos

my ds2 is long and thin - no leaks here!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 18-Sep-08 18:10:03

i like bumgenius and greenkids - wonderoos were not to good as a small baby but are good now he is nearly 2 - they are great for a nightime also. I still have not tried the new fuzzi bunz.

Bodkin Thu 18-Sep-08 23:18:00

Ok, so that's 5 for Bumgenius so far...

Gingerbear Thu 18-Sep-08 23:25:41

I like bumgenius and greenkids.
No leaks, but the velcro is wearing a bit.
I have one poppered nappy which is a bit fiddly, but a better fit than velcro.

tallbirduk Fri 19-Sep-08 12:44:20

I like bumgenius but have just ordered a couple of Greenkids to try and recently took delivery of a Wonderoo which I have so far failed to use because I just don't seem to be able to get a good fit on 12wk old DS!

I have the v.3 Bumgenius and agree that the velcro and also the washing tab are wearing a bit already.

I started using them in the first week of DS's life and they are fab - DH agrees - even preferring them over disposables.

Ceolas Fri 19-Sep-08 13:29:21

We have a couple of BG (never tried wonderoos) and like them on the whole. Part of me want something a bit more natural next to my baby's bum, but maybe that's just precious hmm

We're moving on to size 2s soon and I can't decide whether to take the plunge with the BGs or continue with a cotton terry 2-parter.

Anyone know of any good deals on BGs atm?

wontbepreggersagain Fri 19-Sep-08 13:34:03

twins have a mixture of blueberrys, econappies and wonderoos- the wonderoos are the sturdy dependable but not too exciting ones of the bunch. Never had a leak, never had a problem with fitting them on 12lb babies- i think they are fab.

i hate velcro on nappies and wraps- it is the work of the devil esp when washing- the fold back tabs never hold back properly and you just get a tangled mess! AND velco is just too tempting to babies with a penchant for naturism grin

BabiesEverywhere Fri 19-Sep-08 13:36:14

I used Version 1 Bumgenius on DD and now Version 3 Bumgenius on DS. But be warned they can get out of them fairly easily but fit well and don't have leaks normally.

tellyaddict Fri 19-Sep-08 16:24:46

I found BG absolutely fab on my chunky heavy wetter, lasted through the night and all, HOWEVER, he's now a 25lb 9mo and they don't last all night, in fact he can barely still fit in them (so much for btp!!). Wonderoos are much bulkier, but do last the night and will fit him much longer (and the new ones are poppered). So despite loving BG I would opt for Wonderoos.

chipmonkey Fri 19-Sep-08 17:14:39

Who sells greenkids?

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 19-Sep-08 19:01:44

Me grin I am Nappyzone as can be foiund in small business ads classifieds.

chipmonkey Fri 19-Sep-08 22:05:39

Okay, will have a look!grin

Chellsmum Fri 19-Sep-08 23:40:51

My dd is 15 months and her BG just about fit her she is quite skinny with chunky legs, the wonderoos still fit her no problem. Have a couple of greenkids and they fit really well.

hettie Wed 24-Sep-08 11:32:58

like both really- no real leakage probs with either..... ocasionaly if on too long/understuffed. Wanderoos come up bigger though..... at 19 months ds has not much longer for the bg's and wanderoos 'should' see us through....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now