Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help please

(7 Posts)
Hulan Wed 17-Sep-08 13:29:57

Hello

I am a regular 'lurker' not poster, but I really need some advice please. DS (2.9) has been potty training at home with me for the past three months. He's very good with his number ones but not so brilliant on the number two side of things. I've asked his childminder to also help me out and she seemed very reluctant but eventually agreed. Yesterday he had underpants on and kept his wee in until 13h00 when she put a nappy on for him. I drop him off at 07h30 by the way. Should I just give up, because I'm really worried that he is hurting himself

Mutt Wed 17-Sep-08 13:33:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hulan Wed 17-Sep-08 13:47:17

Thank you Mutt for your response, I really appreciate it. He is really good at keeping it in it seems. And I'm really peed off with my CM because I think she's just lazy. So you reckon that he's not doing himself any lasting damage by just holding it in all of that time?

Mutt Wed 17-Sep-08 13:51:44

Hulan Wed 17-Sep-08 14:34:41

My DS is exactly the same with poos, he completely freaks out if he doesn't have a nappy on when it's number two time. Thank you very much again Mutt for your advice, at least now I have one less thing to feel guilty about.

Mutt Wed 17-Sep-08 17:06:23

bubblagirl Wed 17-Sep-08 17:11:33

no leave him to it my ds does the same we took to pre school first time fri with pants and he held it from 9-1 and then did the same on mon and tue at home he wees all the time so im pleased he is gaining some control if they need to go they'll just go

if he has nappy on his soaked and pants he understands not to wet great i think keep going

just ask her to take him into toilet before lunch etc my ds always refuses to go but as long as it is offered he did go when offered the other day so they no there limit

but holding it and gaining control can only be good when there used to just weeing at random when wearing a nappy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now