Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tumble drying bamboo

(8 Posts)
Ceolas Wed 17-Sep-08 12:15:21

Anyone do it? Does it ruin the nappies?

I have a couple of bamboo nappies and have it in my head that they must not be tumbled. But they take about 3 days to dry and it's driving me bonkers.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 17-Sep-08 12:22:52

Are they terry loop bamboo, like bamboozles or a bamboo fleece like babybeehinds?

hot tumbling (or even sitting on too hot a radiator) can flatten the fibres on the loop fabric making it less absorbant, but the modern baby pop-ins I have say they are OK to be tumble dried on a low heat setting.

I would always use a low heat setting to TD nappies regardless of what they are made of.

Ceolas Wed 17-Sep-08 12:43:33

Em, I have a bambeasy and a few little lamb boosters. Terry I think.

Also have the pop in and they are a cotton/bamboo mix.

I have been roasting my poor nappies on high heat!

DeJaVous Wed 17-Sep-08 12:46:34

Washing or drying bamboo too hot can make it shrink, so a coolish dryer cycle should be fine. Mind you I remember Flame saying she dried her bamboo on the radiator without any problems...

LackaDAISYcal Wed 17-Sep-08 13:00:03

I usually dry mine on a rack that hangs off the radiator to make sure they aren't in contact, and they have been dried at full heat before (thanks to a button happy DD grin) without any detrimental effects.

DrHorrible Thu 18-Sep-08 07:59:20

yup, mine were radiator dried. they weren't always as fluffity as they could be, but no nippa issues, and same absorbency as ever

tegan Thu 18-Sep-08 08:13:03

I have tots bots bamboo ones and I have tumbled them ready for use in nov.

SquiffyHock Thu 18-Sep-08 08:15:13

I bought Bamboo/cotton mix sheets which can't be tumble dried - it's a PITA!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now