Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Newborn Disposable Nappies question - advice please?

(4 Posts)
mybumpsaboy Tue 16-Sep-08 17:51:35

HI guys...

well, my ex has offered to help buy stuff for our lo (due Dec)....conveniently after myself & my family had already bought basically everything!!

However, I'm now out of cash & would feel a lot happier if I had a stock of nappies in for the first month until my benefits start coming in etc.

Could someone give me advice asap on what to ask him for? i.e. for the first month, roughly how many disposable nappies will the baby need, in what size & any recommendation on makes????

Thanks!

norksinmywaistband Tue 16-Sep-08 18:07:03

I would ask for size 2 or 3 rather than newborn as they grow so quick.
To begin with you need to change at nearly every feed so about 10-12 a day for the first few days.
I used pampers newborn range then switched to tescos own brand
HTH

Seona1973 Tue 16-Sep-08 19:37:20

I used a mixture of huggies and pampers - I did use a few newborn sizes (size 1) before moving on to the bigger ones so a mix of all the sizes would be best but dont buy too many of the really small ones.

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 19:54:34

I would agree he should get you some size 2 and 3 because you will get lots of free samples of newborn size ones and they often outgrow the size 1s very quickly.

The bigger nappies are more expensive because you get fewer per pack - use that piece of information as you see fit wink

I think pampers are horrible and scratchy (but then I am used to cloth nappies). Huggies are more soft for a newborn IMO.
Cloth nappies are nice though wink grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now