Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

tommee tippee nappies

(8 Posts)
gettingbigger Tue 16-Sep-08 17:01:33

Can any one help.
I.m expecting a baby and have brought tommee tippee reusable nappy wraps. When I brought them the shop did not have the nappy inserts, i am unable to get hold of any with out having to buy more wraps. Does any one know where i can get some from.

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:16:30

Yes, you can buy them from all sorts of places online. They are called 'prefolds' and you don't need to get a tommee tippee brand - any prefold of the correct size will fit inside your wraps. They are easy to find but don't buy too many - see how you get on with them first as they don't have a very good resale value.

If you want specific links I'll hunt some down for you smile

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:20:09

on ebay for example.

btw - they are more commonly known as 'Cotton Bottom' brand. They are no longer made but there are loads on the market new and probably will be for some time to come. They sold their stock off very cheaply and loads of people bought them to resell on ebay later on at a profit (but that didn't work out well because the market is flooded with them and the postage is usually high because they are heavy...)

gettingbigger Tue 16-Sep-08 17:24:32

Thanks, have looked on ebay but have wraps with them. I used terrys with my first but found them bulky. Will keep looking on ebay for them. Thanks

gettingbigger Tue 16-Sep-08 17:24:35

Thanks, have looked on ebay but have wraps with them. I used terrys with my first but found them bulky. Will keep looking on ebay for them. Thanks

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:29:11

Click on that link I posted - they are just the prefolds - not the wraps too.

They are less bulky than terries for sure as you don't have anything around the thighs like you do with a terry fold.

gettingbigger Tue 16-Sep-08 17:53:18

Thanks for that have now found lots and going to bid. Thanks ever so much.

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 19:42:41

No probs smile - just don't get carried away in case you don't like them. Some people find they leak too much - especially when their baby gets more mobile. Others have no problems but just be cautious in case you are one of the latter.

Did you ever try bamboo terries? They are thinner and more absorbant but take longer to dry - worth noting for future reference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now