Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hard nappies kushies

(7 Posts)
theirmum Tue 16-Sep-08 14:28:07

I have bought 15 used kushies nappies but the lining inside is quite hard how should I treat them?

Kushies are quite crap imo, sorry.

I would wash them and tumble them or wash them line dry and a couple of times while drying, shake them vigourously and rub the fabric together.

Should help a bit.

theirmum Tue 16-Sep-08 14:39:26

really oh well I will try that thank you

Ahhhhhhhhh I feel guilty now, after seeing your sad face. grin

They are not that bad, they just do tend to go very hard and being 'all in one' they are kind of hard to clean properly and tend to take a long time to dry.

You could also try using a fleece liner, so at least your babies bum is touching something nice and soft.

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:27:20

Don't be too sad. They aren't that crap. I used them for DD2 solely for several months and would have continued to do so if the size 2 wasn't such a huge jump from the size 1. She outgrew the Size 1s but got swamped by the size 2 so I had to find a different option (pocket nappies)

I use them for DS sometimes and always keep one in the change bag for convenience. They aren't that slow drying compared to some current offerings.

If you have hard water I recommend washing with a slosh white (malt) vinegar to keep them softer.

If you have a tumble drier then you can line dry until they are almost dry then tumble for 10-15 mins max - that will make them considerably softer (and they can cope with repeated tumble drying IME - despite reports it kills them).

Fleece liners are fab for crunchy nappies as wherethewildthingswere said.

chipmonkey Tue 16-Sep-08 18:07:50

Mine didn't cope with tumble drying. The one I had got holes in it.
tbh, I think if you are new to cloth Kushies are the ones you think you want, when what you actually want is Fuzzi bunz!grin

ajm200 Tue 16-Sep-08 18:12:33

I have about 200 pounds worth of kushies bought by a keen relative when DS was born and was very unimpressed with them.

Found that they stain easily, are very bulky and can go very hard. Rubbing the fabric together will soften them up a bit as will line drying them. I found that tumble drying them seemed to 'set' the stains making them harder to get clean.

DS wore then until 5 months then took to screaming whenever we put him into them as he was wearing disposibles at night as DH just couldn't get to grips when them and I was sick of leaking nappies and sopping wet beds several times a night. (I know bad for the environment - I'm a bad mother)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now