Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

baby clothes designed for reusables?

(12 Posts)
lucysnowe Tue 16-Sep-08 12:12:45

Hi all!

Are there any baby clothes out there specially designed for big bums? grin I put my dd in bigger sizes but as she is a big girl anyway they tend to be too long and too narrow.

Thanks!

BlueChampagne Tue 16-Sep-08 12:48:59

My lad is long and slim so we don't have this problem even with real nappies, BUT a friend recommends Polarn o Pyret (www.polarnopyret.se) which as you'll have guessed is a Swedish company, where they use real nappies more.

BlueChampagne Tue 16-Sep-08 12:49:35

PS they do have outlets in UK

lucysnowe Tue 16-Sep-08 13:14:10

Thanks! looks like they have some nice bulbous trousers on there.

Indith Tue 16-Sep-08 13:17:25

www.welovefrugi.co.uk are lovely. Sales are def the best time to shop there though! Mind you ds seems to be getting a clear year of wear out of stuff so pretty good. www.tinkertogs.co.uk/ are not bad for sleepsuits and vests though I'm not keen on the trousers. Bright Bots who make the lovely terry squares also do clothes.

needaholiday Tue 16-Sep-08 14:50:12

there are also some individually made knitted clothes on here and of course tesco and asda clothes are good for cloth bums, though steer clear of jeans. Gap are apparently working on a baby range with cloth friendly cothing too grin

Sputnik Tue 16-Sep-08 16:03:19

Look out for knee-length or 3/4 length trousers and buy a couple of sizes up.

lucysnowe Tue 16-Sep-08 16:14:17

Aha this is good stuff, thanks! prob will try tesco first (inevitably) wink

ClosedForCleaning Tue 16-Sep-08 16:28:29

I find Pumpkin Patch pretty ample in the bum dept - and as they have adjustable waists, you can hitch them in if you want to use disposables from time-to-time. That's boys though - not sure if the girls' are cut the same.

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:10:11

Some 'budget' ideas

If you can use a sewing machine it s actually very easy to make your own (honest! I'm really crappy at sewing but managed to make some nice trews for DD2).

Vest extenders are the way to go if your DD still uses vest tops of anything that poppers up underneath (they are cheap and save you buying the next size up in vests (which tend to have too big a neck opening). ONe pair fits all sizes of vest.

Dungaress are a very good option - not from MacKays (sp?) though - those are too thin around the thigh IME (and my DD2 is thin)

Watch what you get from tesco - their girls stuff has gone all thin around the thighs too. The fit used to be fab for cloth but some items are too thin now. Tesco Value jeans are still excellent though - £1.50 and last forever!

Tracksuit type trousers tend to be good to.

Since I have had DS I have defintely noticed that boys clothes are cut far better for a cloth bum hmm

lucysnowe Tue 16-Sep-08 17:18:15

Are they saying boys have got big bots?? wink

didn't know about vest extenders - v.useful - thanks!

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:34:12

There are several threads in the archives on this topic

here's one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now