Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

potty training

(5 Posts)
heywoodjo Mon 15-Sep-08 18:04:44

my 21/2 year old is weeing happily on the potty after a few days but is scared to poo anywhere now!!! even in a nappy! he is just holding it in, what can I do?

Huggle Tue 16-Sep-08 11:51:50

Plenty of fluids, fruit etc.

If he becomes really constipated, you may be able to get suppositories from the dr.

Hope the problem has "passed" now!

heywoodjo Tue 16-Sep-08 16:37:21

Thanks, he isn't constipated because he is doing a little tiny poo and keeping it in his bum!!! This is regular throughout the day. Its like he doesn't want to drop it anywhere because it is the same if I put a nappy back on him. I suppose it is just perseverance (hmm)

WigWamBam Tue 16-Sep-08 16:42:35

I think Huggle is referring to the fact that he will make himself constipated if he carries on doing this. The more he hangs onto it, the more difficult it will become to pass and he will become constipated.

If you told him he could ask for a nappy when he needs a poo, do you think he would ask for one?

Otherwise maybe a big dose of Lactulose for a while (it's a stool softener) so that he can't hold it in?

heywoodjo Wed 17-Sep-08 15:44:46

Hi thanks agin, he wasn't even doing it in a nappy- just didn't want to poo fullstop, but slight progress today, he is actually doing it in his pants and then telling me he has done it so atleast its coming out now!! Fingers crossed it will be on potty or toilet soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now