Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help and suggestions needed for wet at night 6yr old

(5 Posts)
tengreenbottles Mon 15-Sep-08 15:16:17

My dd is still wetting the bed on a night ,never had any accidents during the day . Any one have any good tips to get her dry ?

nannyL Mon 15-Sep-08 18:24:46

wait until the hormone kicks in and then she will do it all by herself

until the hormone kicks in (which normall happens any time between 2 and 7, and sometimes even later) there really isnt much that can be done

tengreenbottles Tue 16-Sep-08 11:40:24

hormone ? is that a girl thing then ? my ds went dry through the night at 3 ,never had an accident . Are there any things i should be doing to help ,she always has a wee before bed ,should i be lifting her ? not giving her drinks before bed ?

CarGirl Tue 16-Sep-08 11:42:28

I have 4 dds, 3 of them have been dry at night well before the age of 3, however one of them still wets fairly regularly and she is now 6, she is a deep sleeper - I still use pull up nappies on her. She isn't happy about it but I just keep reminding her that her body isn't ready yet.

ketchupkisses Tue 16-Sep-08 14:26:39

My son is 6 1/2 and still in nappies at night. I have been advised to increase his fluid intake during the day, but limit drinks 1 1/2hrs before bed.

There's lots of helpful information here as well including an explanation of the hormone thing and a helpline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now