Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Blisters on the end of his willy.....nappy thing or something else? Any experience?

(10 Posts)
Indith Mon 15-Sep-08 12:44:12

Ds (20 months) in cloth nappies, no probs. Recently he has had blisters on the end of his willy, kept an eye out for infection looking stuff, they seemed to pop and then the skin peeled off. Of course that left raw skin which obviously hurt when he did a wee. Sposies for a few days seemed to help keep him drier until the skin healed, back in cloth, very careful, had him without a wrap at home so I could change him as soon as he did a wee etc, sposie for going out if I knew I wouln't be able to change him for a while.

The blisters are back though, just 2 weeks later we seem to be in for another round.

So, other mums of boys, is this a nappy issue or do other things cause blisters on the willy? Seems a bit odd that they are so localised but I'd like a few second opinions before I go to the Dr and get told it is nappy rash or something!

FattipuffsandThinnifers Mon 15-Sep-08 12:47:49

Poor little mite! I'm afraid I can't help in diagnosing but I'd take him to the Dr in any case - even if it is 'just' nappy rash you might get something to clear it up. Perhaps it's fungal, in which case canesten would help.

Indith Mon 15-Sep-08 13:35:49

<<comes back from cleaning kitchen>>

Thanks Fatti

dingdong05 Mon 15-Sep-08 14:12:01

I'd def go to the drs. I'm no expret and would be reluctant to give a diagnosis if i was! But, my ds had a similar sounding thing and it was an infection. Nappy rash isn't usually contained in one little area like that.
hth!

Indith Mon 15-Sep-08 17:07:18

Grr infection. That's what I thought about nappy rash though, thanks dingdong. Just ds has only ever had a couple of minor rash issues so not much experience of it!

BlueChampagne Tue 16-Sep-08 13:06:53

Likewise advise trip to Dr. Also try fleece liners - helps keep affected area drier while not resorting to 'naughty nappies'. Works on our DS.

dingdong05 Tue 16-Sep-08 14:00:35

Def try fleece liners. He's getting big now so will have more wee= wetter nappies.
Good luck!

pooka Tue 16-Sep-08 14:02:29

Could it be an infection like impetigo?
Definitely go to the doctors.

Indith Tue 16-Sep-08 14:10:12

Already use fleece liners! Blister popped and is healing up now he is in disposibles again. Seems like a trip to the DR is called for though!

ches Tue 16-Sep-08 17:12:28

We used vaseline on the tip of his willy after his circumcision; not a cure, but will help the rawness while it heals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now