Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

now just remind me about prefolds...

(6 Posts)
MrsBadger Sat 13-Sep-08 10:21:53

A mate at work has a 3wk old and has given up reusables at night due to awful leakage problems.
He's using Bambino Mios and reckons it's the wraps that are the problem. I have a stash of newborn size Airflows but they won't be any good because they're too baggy to keep the prefolds in place, aren't they? Aren't they?

(really I am trying to think of a tactful way of lending them my Bimbles without saying 'hah, you bought crap nappies')

dingdong05 Sat 13-Sep-08 11:22:59

You're right about the airflows being no good with prefolds. They need nappies that are already held in place, and prefolds need a wrap with a gusset, like the rikki ones. I think you can pin prefolds if the bub is small enough... although I've never tried this.
Why don't you just give them your bimbles so they can "try" the airflows out.
I didn't use the prefolds on a teeny bub, but once the poo isn't so liquid they may find they can go back to them.
Good luck to your friends though, it's good to see they have you to help them!

KnickersOnMaHead Sat 13-Sep-08 11:38:18

Message withdrawn

MrsBadger Sun 14-Sep-08 17:29:33

solved it grin
packed Bimbles, Airflows and a couple of nippas

went round for tea and cooing
said 'This bag is cake, this bag is trashy magazines, and this one is some other nappies if you fancied trying them. Oh isn;t she lovely, what a lot of hair...'

BigBadMousey Sun 14-Sep-08 17:34:30

Gosh - I wish you'd come and visit me! Anyone bringing cake and cloth nappies would be a friend for life! grin

Hope it does the trick.

dingdong05 Mon 15-Sep-08 09:33:52

Good job Mrs badger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now