Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

night time weeing on floor

(5 Posts)
NK5bdca58eX11c57f7870a Fri 12-Sep-08 20:34:22

My near 3yr old has been potty trained for about a year and we have taken nappies off at night in the last month or so (she wanted to). She very rarely does a wee in her bed as she doesn't like lying in a wet bed, however most nights she wakes 5-6am and comes to the stairgate across her door and then wees on the floor by the gate. She has a potty right next to the gate but rarely uses it (even though I encourage her to). She's obviously aware that she needs to go to the loo as she gets out of bed but I don't know how to get her to wee in the potty and not on the floor. Any ideas? Am considering lifting her onto potty when I go to bed (making sure she's awake) but don't know if that will help either. Grateful for any advice as my carpet is getting ruined! Thanks!

freshprincess Fri 12-Sep-08 23:29:35

I found lifting to work really well at extending the time till my DS needs to go in the morning - though I put him on the toilet rather than a potty.

Perhaps she doesn't like the potty?

NK5bdca58eX11c57f7870a Mon 15-Sep-08 13:37:54

Thanks, I know there are mixed views about lifting so I'm pleased to hear someone has found it works. I'll give it a go. thanks

Niecie Mon 15-Sep-08 13:42:36

Does she use the toilet or a potty during the day?

I suspect she would see it as a step back, having the potty in her room if she is used to going to the toilet and so nothing would encourage her to use it again.

Can you safely take her stairgate away and let her use the toilet?

nannyL Mon 15-Sep-08 18:23:32

i think open the stair gate so she can go to the loo...

if she needs it shut to stay in her room to go to bed you could close it after her bedtime and open it when you go to bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now