Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I don't believe it!

(11 Posts)
TinkerBellesMum Thu 11-Sep-08 17:27:32

I just heard water pouring and ran to the loo to see what was going on, there's Tink pouring the contents of her potty down the toilet!

I've started hanging enough tissue on the door handle for her to use each time, so now she is completely going on her own, wiping herself and cleaning up after herself. [proud]

She's 26 months by the way!

A question though, quite often when she goes she drags one of us with her, puts the seat down, taps it and says "Mummy needs wee wee". Is it normal for Mummy to "need" (for the third time in 15 minutes hmm) a wee wee when LO does?

ThisTooWillPass Thu 11-Sep-08 17:29:39

Message withdrawn

TinkerBellesMum Thu 11-Sep-08 18:32:13

Just found that she washed her hands too! She opened my handwash, not sure if she used water though, will have to get her some Kandoo or something.

lollipopmother Thu 11-Sep-08 18:59:41

That is so sweet! I love the 'mummy need wee wee', she's just getting you back for all the times you've irritatingly asked her whether she needs one I expect! grin

TinkerBellesMum Thu 11-Sep-08 20:04:50

I don't normally, she hates being "dirty" so tells me, (she's just gone through three baby wipes cleaning her face after dinner, not sure if OCD is possible at this age hmm) which is why she's almost potty trained at this age. Just need to get her to tell me when she's dressed now hmm

ches Thu 11-Sep-08 20:46:29

Hurray for Tink! I'd go with the mummy needs a wee wee personally, it's surely a phase which will pass. You can get her back by making her read you a story while you're sitting. grin

TinkerBellesMum Thu 11-Sep-08 20:59:41

Her dad tries to reason with her about it ??? (Then he's trying to explain to her that he didn't draw choo choos going around Croydon!) I'll go with it and mutter under my breath, but her younger sibling is helping her out by kicking the bladder anyway!

Flum Thu 11-Sep-08 21:02:59

Yeah DD2 likes this. Often spillages though. The independance frightens me though especially if they go for a poo and then just pull up knickers without wiping eughhh dd2 does that.

She loves company, always looks hopeful when she goes for a 'plop plop'. 'Mummy wann go too? Sid down derr Mummy?'

She was 2 in June and is generally hilarious about the whole thing. Tights are notworking out for her though, she can't get em off quick enough.

TinkerBellesMum Thu 11-Sep-08 21:13:56

lol Flum, I keep her naked or in tops or dresses/ skirts at home so she can go without asking. I always know when she's done a pooh though because she comes to me and lies on my lap!

Isn't it nice being company to a toddler when they go to the toilet?

ches Fri 12-Sep-08 02:18:17

We have a great time in the bathroom. We have special toys and books and get to do most of our interaction then because we're both working/studying full-time and he's more of a solo explorer than a "come and play with me" type.

TinkerBellesMum Mon 15-Sep-08 17:36:28

She's gone one step further now I bought some Kandoo handwash the other day, we have a leaking tap and she is now trying to wash her hands under the leak. I don't know where this child comes from!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now