Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Wraps with a snug fit round the legs?

(7 Posts)
Bramshott Thu 11-Sep-08 14:22:27

I have a set of Cotton Bottoms prefolds and wraps I used for DD1 and now for DD2 (now 18 months). I've been very happy with them, however, the wraps don't fit snugly round the legs so if DD2 has a particularly 'rabbitty' poo it tends to fall out onto the floor! I'm fine to just live with this, but understandably my childminder is not keen!

I don't want a whole new nappy system as we have only another year maximum in nappies, but was wondering if I could get some new wraps which would avoid this problem?

Any ideas?!

SlowDown Thu 11-Sep-08 17:11:53

Proraps are really good and an economic buy. Try twinkle on the web. They are about £5. They have gusset elastic stuff around the legs.

MadamAnt Thu 11-Sep-08 17:15:13

Motherese Airflow are absolutely unparallelled IMO. Have never really dealt with rabbitty poo, but they definitely contain runny baby poo (which has got to be worse, hasn't it?)

SlowDown Thu 11-Sep-08 17:22:31

Here's the link to Proraps. Think they are especially for prefolds. I found Motherease airflow a bit too loose with prefolds (as prefolds are less bulky than others) but the Airflows I have do have poppers at the leg so guess they could work.

www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/Wraps_for_Prefolds.html

BigBadMousey Thu 11-Sep-08 19:38:32

Prowraps or the motherease rikki (try the former first - it is cheaper and usually very good (only white though ). Both are good with prefolds.

Airflows are no good with prefolds because they do not have leg gussets to hold the prefold in place thus it is free to roam inside the roomy wrap.

Bramshott Sat 13-Sep-08 21:07:32

Ah-ha I knew the wisdom of Mumsnet would have a solution! Thanks!

SlowDown Sat 13-Sep-08 21:30:07

grin just realised I need new/bigger wraps for prefolds too Bramshott so am ordering some Rikkis just to make a change from proraps. Twinkle on the web do 4 for £30 which doesn't seem too bad and nicer patterns than the proraps. I need some motivation to keep going with my boring prefolds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now