Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Most 'watertight' nappy!

(8 Posts)
Penthesileia Thu 11-Sep-08 11:41:19

Apologies if this has been done before, but I wonder if anyone could advise me...

My daughter is going to be christened soon, and we've (foolishly) bought her an eye-wateringly expensive christening gown... Trouble is, little monster usually does an enormous bright yellow bf poo at about 11am (the time of her christening) which almost always escapes her nappy (we're using the Nature nappies to salve our guilty consciences).

Which nappy would you recommend me to buy for her to wear on the day so that she doesn't cover herself, her gown, and the priest with mustard-yellow poo?

Thanks!!

ThisTooWillPass Thu 11-Sep-08 11:50:32

Message withdrawn

Penthesileia Thu 11-Sep-08 12:17:20

Thanks. I hadn't thought of water-proof pants.

Kudos to you, btw, for using real nappies! I tried, but couldn't keep up with the washing.

ThisTooWillPass Thu 11-Sep-08 13:07:31

Message withdrawn

BigBadMousey Thu 11-Sep-08 13:23:42

Definitely agree with the waterproof pants (or aiflow wrap if you're feeling flushed!).

I have some unused waterproof pants here and could send you one if you like (no charge!) saves you buying a pack of 5 or 6. How big is she?

jeanybeeny Fri 12-Sep-08 11:24:06

I also agree with waterproof pants. Boots do a pack of 5 plastic pants for £2.99, so there're not expensive. Some people consider plastic pants to be hot and sweaty, but I've always used them to put on over terry nappies, with no ill effects. There're also good over disp. for extra protection. BTW, I'm not all that convinced about DC wearing washables potty training earlier. My DS 2.9 still has'nt got a clue!

Penthesileia Fri 12-Sep-08 19:51:41

That's a kind offer, BigBadMousey: thank you so much... But not necessary, thanks -- I went to Boots and picked up the pack of 5 which jeanybeeny mentions before I saw your message.

BigBadMousey Sat 13-Sep-08 13:57:36

Hope it does the trick smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now