Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I want to use some real nappies..

(9 Posts)
MissyK Thu 11-Sep-08 09:04:53

I want to use real nappies & was wondering if people can tell me which ones they have found to be the best? Sized ones or birth to potty, all in ones, cotton, bamboo etc..

Thanks!

StormInanEcup Thu 11-Sep-08 09:46:41

Message withdrawn

MrsJamin Thu 11-Sep-08 10:03:24

I'd definitely try to see some in the flesh to work out what you like, as they look and feel quite different to each other. If you're near Reading I'd recommend going to one of Twinkle's nappucinos, she has a suitcase full of different types!

I went for Itti Bitti D'Lish (from Twinkle), they are lovely and soft, very trim and pretty absorbant. They are sized but you'd only have to buy 2 different sizes from approx 3 months to potty training.

MrsCurly Thu 11-Sep-08 10:14:11

I also used motherease wraps and onesize nappies, which were really fantastic, never leaked, and truly birth to potty.

Also used terries with child no.2 but that's more hardcore.

Have you looked at The Nappy Lady - lots of useful info there. I never saw nappies in the flesh until I bought mine, but I think there is a lot more choice now. Have heard a lot of people here raving about bamboo...

Real nappies are fantastic - easy to use and so much cheaper esp when you taken in to account passing them on to siblings.

MissyK Thu 11-Sep-08 10:34:25

Hi, thanks everyone )

I live on the Isle Of Man so unsure where to go for advice, but I know there's meant to be a midwife who's really into it at my hospital so will try and make contact with her.

How many on average do you all use, how easy to wash & dry are they cost & time wise?

Thanks for helping me out I think I may be becoming a nappy addict & I don't even have any yet, there's just so much choice!

StormInanEcup Thu 11-Sep-08 13:11:05

Message withdrawn

BigBadMousey Thu 11-Sep-08 13:14:07

Info on IOM real nappy campaign

local nappy seller

search for lollipop advisors here - not sure about IOM though

Isle of man nappy advisor from Babykind

Get yourself some advice tailored to your own needs. What suits one person perfectly might be a very bad option for you. Once you've held the nappies and had a chat about what each type is like you'll be better informed to make the right choice first time.

MissyK Thu 11-Sep-08 17:12:21

Thanks bigbadmousey.. Will check them out when on my laptop tonight! X

AnnVan Fri 12-Sep-08 01:46:06

MissyK - I would definitely second getting advice first hand. I'm a nappy addict too, and baby isn't even born yet. The only agent near me was a babykind agent, but she was brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now