Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

My 3.5 year old is happily playing in wet pants/trousers - is this a sign that he's not ready to train?

(9 Posts)
TheBlonde Tue 09-Sep-08 14:09:21

I've offered to change his clothes but he's not interested

Dragonbutter Tue 09-Sep-08 14:13:13

i'd change him anyway

ajm200 Tue 09-Sep-08 14:14:40

At 3.5 he should be definately old enough to train but boys can be very lazy about potty training. It's often too much hassle to stop their game and use the potty. They can be such mucky little creatures. I say this as a mum of a 2 year old who loves to be wet and dirty.

I've still managed to get him pottytrained during the day (nights are proving much harder) but is he is likely to have an 'accident' it is when he is engrossed in what he is doing and can't be bothered.

Dropdeadfred Tue 09-Sep-08 14:18:29

change him, he will get sore and smelly!!!

TheBlonde Tue 09-Sep-08 14:24:27

I have just forced him to get changed

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 09-Sep-08 14:34:32

Message withdrawn

andiem Tue 09-Sep-08 14:36:40

yes mine was like this I waited a bit longer and hey presto done and dusted in 2 days

using a potty at an early age has no relationship to future life success grin

TheBlonde Tue 09-Sep-08 18:27:32

I guess I will give it a couple more days then give up

DungunGirl Wed 10-Sep-08 13:37:30

Hi there

I have the exact same problem.

My 3.5 year old son just isn;t bothered about being wet. We have cracked the no.2 side of things but with wee....well he just doesn't care.

He only cares when he wants a sweet. We are trying the reward route!

So whenever he does wee in he toilet, he instantly asks for a sweet!!!

When he isn't bothered and would rather keep playing he just stands there and does it everywhere!

Saying that I have stuck with it for almost 7 weeks now and he is down to 1-2 accidents a day ( worse case scenario ).

Some days are great and we have no accidents at all!

So, guess it depends how determined or stubborn one is! I am going to keep going until we've cracked it.

I have a second baby coming and I need DS to be out of nappies for good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now