Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Holding it in

(5 Posts)
Nabs Mon 08-Sep-08 20:42:15

My 2 yrs 4 month dd was showing all signs of readiness so we decided to go for it and have been seriously pt for around a week now.
It started off as we imagined but by the 3-4th days she was asking to go to the loo and seemed to be progressing.
The on around day 5 she started to hold it in and will not go on the loo or the potty. She is desperate for a wee, hoping around, cying but refuses to go. She won't even go in her nappy. It is almost as if she is scared of going?
We have been really patient, tried stickers etc but really don't understand why this has happened. Has anyone else experienced this as I can't find anything for this proble,.

Just wondering if we we should put her back in nappies and hope that she starts to go again without an issue or to persevere for a few more days and see?

Any advice for a first time poster gratefully received.
Thanks,
Nabs

Kewcumber Mon 08-Sep-08 20:43:54

try a chocalte button for any succesful attmet (even a dribble) first. f that doens;t work back off and try again later. Stickers were pointless for DS at the same age.

spudballoo Mon 08-Sep-08 20:47:05

i would second the chocolate button method. It's not forever, don't fret that you'll breed a chocoholic!

I used them with great effect for various issues (all v short term) when potty training.

if it doesn't work, switch to nappies for a good while before trying again.

spudballoo Mon 08-Sep-08 20:47:08

i would second the chocolate button method. It's not forever, don't fret that you'll breed a chocoholic!

I used them with great effect for various issues (all v short term) when potty training.

if it doesn't work, switch to nappies for a good while before trying again.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 08-Sep-08 23:07:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now