Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do you store your cloth Nappies?

(19 Posts)
KnickersOnMaHead Mon 08-Sep-08 19:54:37

Message withdrawn

BigBadMousey Mon 08-Sep-08 20:10:18

Antique pine blanket box. You can pick them up at auction quite easily. It goes well with our decripit hovel period house.

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Sep-08 20:13:45

in a big basket I got from homebase. they just about all pack in it

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 08-Sep-08 20:20:17

Top drawer of the chest on which the changing mat is.

sjcmum Mon 08-Sep-08 20:29:28

Just have mine on a shelf in my daughter's room.... or equally in this weather, they've just been on drying rack... so far still not all dry after 36 hours!!!

On the other hand - for a different purpose, I just bought a nice cream canvas storage box from homebase for a fiver.

MerlinsBeard Mon 08-Sep-08 20:31:55

or some combination of the above!

MerlinsBeard Mon 08-Sep-08 20:34:01

How strange, hlaf my post disappeared!

Mine are either in a drawer (with booster and liner in ready for me to grabblush), in the washer/dryer or in the nappy bucket

or some combination of the above!

LilRedWG Mon 08-Sep-08 20:37:19

I'm as anal as Mumofmonsters. blush

Nappyzoneneedssleep Mon 08-Sep-08 21:21:30

mine are laying all over a work top with other unironed unsorted washing. From time to time i sort them out restuff them and stack them on the same worktop. I am an untidy specimen blush

morocco Mon 08-Sep-08 21:23:59

in an old toy box from my childhood. hoping to get the nappies out of it some time soon and toys back in
the cat sneaks in and sleeps there if I leave the drawer even slightly open. gross

MerlinsBeard Tue 09-Sep-08 10:13:07

grin lilredWG

lollipopmother Tue 09-Sep-08 10:22:31

I have mine in a hanging nappy holder thing, but it's stuffed full and only holds enough for about a day and a half I should think. The wraps are in a wicker basket under the changing surface. I am going to have to come up with a better system when the baby actually comes I think, the nappy holder looks lush (Zeddy & Parsnip) but IMO is pretty bloody useless!

ummadam Tue 09-Sep-08 12:54:36

We are in a small flat so changes are done in his room. Mat on the floor with some of those foam play mats underneath for splashes (well he is a boy!) and all the pocket nappies made up and ready to use in the bottom of the chest of drawers next to it.

chipmonkey Tue 09-Sep-08 13:14:32

I used to keep them on the shelf underneath the changing table but had to go for hanging nappy holder when ds3 was older as he kept throwing the nappies into the bath and running water on them.hmm

QueenBhannae Tue 09-Sep-08 23:42:03

I have a laundry room and back porch (not as fancy as it types lol)
In the back porch is a deep bookcase with deeper cupboard at the base. I put my 'ugly' but useable nappies in the cupboard and then arrange the good stuff on the shelves.
Top shelf- ds aio, wraps, pockets, creams, nippas, spray
2nd - hundreds of brightbots terries
3rd- dd aio, pockets and wraps, liners, boosters and wipes.
Nappy bin is in porch and there is always a basket of wet or dry nappies in the laundry.

(Anal mummy emoticon)

Shimmy on through to the kitchen though and its a total sh1thole...

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 09-Sep-08 23:51:24

Message withdrawn

4andnotout Thu 18-Sep-08 11:35:10

We have a changing station in dd3's room with dd3's nappies in 2 stacks on top shelf, day pockets and night fitteds. Wraps are kept in those mesh laundry zipper bags.
The bottom shelf has dd4's nappies all waiting for her, her wraps are also in a laundry bag waiting. We have reusable wipes in various tubs all over the house!

BlueChampagne Thu 18-Sep-08 13:14:11

We have a 2nd hand kitchen unit & bit of worktop in the bathroom. Worktop was changing unit when DS was smaller - nappies in cupboard, liners in drawer.

claireybee Thu 18-Sep-08 13:25:49

I have a big wicker basket in ds' room (full time nappies) and a smaller one in dd's room (night nappy only). Every now and then I'll sort out all the nappies and arrange them in the baskets. Usually though they seem to go from baby to bucket to machine to line to baby without ever seeing the basket hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now