Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

dd3, 2.4, will do all wees on potty without being asked, and has pooed on the loo of her own accord, but...

(5 Posts)
PoorOldEnid Mon 08-Sep-08 12:45:31

I keep putting her in nappies to go out in the car blush and to nursery

do you think it is ok to do some potty training but not all IYSWIM? or are you supposed to go 'cold turkey'?

I know I have three kids but potty training is my parenting blind spot.

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Sep-08 13:54:34

i would go with her to buy pants if she wants and go from there, take spare clothes and in the car use a pampers care mat, and take several changes of clothes for nursery.

She seems ready.

WigWamBam Mon 08-Sep-08 13:57:39

If she is as ready as she sounds then cold turkey is better. Less chance of confusion because of mixed messages, and less chance of her forgetting herself and weeing where she is when she has knickers on rather than a nappy.

She sounds ready so I would stick a piddle pad on the car seat, make sure you have a change of clothing just in case, and go for it.

pulapula Mon 08-Sep-08 19:58:47

We kept DD in nappies in the car for long journeys (1 hr+) for AGES after she was reasonably reliable at home so I know how you feel. However, for nursery, we put her in pants and they were OK about the accidents (mostly wee but the odd poo) and I'm sure would have said it they really thought she wasn't "ready".

But DD never asked until she was a bit older than your DD so I always had to take her so not sure she would have said in the car if she needed to go. Once we took the plunge we put a mat on her seat and she would ask and we'd stop the car. A few difficult moments when stuck in traffic jams on the motorway but generally didn't take her long to realise she had to ask well in advance!

So not sure what my advice is, but you could always try and give it a couple of weeks and see how she gets on.

ches Tue 09-Sep-08 00:36:54

We kept DS in nappies and offered the toilet regularly. He started asking of his own accord very quickly and never got confused. Even though wet nappies never bothered him, he very quickly started holding in a wee half an hour plus if necessary. If it works for you, it works and don't let anyone tell you different. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now