Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ok, nappy experts, my pc is so slow i can't be bothered hunting myself, can ye find me.....

(23 Posts)
PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 11:38:53

a newborn wrap, quite cheap, that can be used with muslins

as i don't want to have to buy sposies for the first few weeks this time but if baby is dd's size then small size nappies and wraps will be far too big til about 5 weeks.

not willing to spend much, have found cheap muslins on plenty of sites but need a few cheap newborn wraps to go with them.

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 11:41:21

forgot to say... apparently i can't order motherease from ireland due to weird restrictions they put on retailers and the irish site that does them is permanently out of most things i want. was thinking far cheaper than ME anyway.

Ceolas Mon 08-Sep-08 11:55:44

I have a tiddly Bummis wrap you can have for free if you want? CAT me your address if interested.

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 12:07:53

wouldn't take it for free, would be happy to pay for it smile

haven't signed up for cat (sorry MNHQ) so if you could email me dee_pinktulips AT hotmail DOT com we can sort something out.

lollipopmother Mon 08-Sep-08 12:18:44

Do you have any type of wrap in mind Tulips as I'll happily look for you (I have got all day and then some!!), but I wouldn't know what was suitable without you suggesting some.

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 12:35:16

poppers prefered as i don't get on with applix/velcro.

i have pins and nippas and can fold so it wouldn't have to hold the muslin like a prefold or anything but i wouldn't say no if it did.

main thing is price as it'll only be for 3-6 weeks til baby fits small nappies, i just want to avoid sposies this time as we're rural now and have no rubbish collection.... they'd be stinking outside the back door til we brought them to the dump in the car [vomit]

secondhand would be fine.

wontbepreggersagain Mon 08-Sep-08 13:17:05

junior joy finn- v el cheapo and not a bad wrap!!

lollipopmother Mon 08-Sep-08 14:02:46

this second hand website has a sellers offering:

1 x small Popolini (same as ME i've heard) for £4
8 x brand new small popolini's for £5 each.
3 x XS Modern Baby (velcro tho) pink gingham for £4 each
2 x small Modern Baby, lilac and pink, £3 each

Are you having a boy or a girl??

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 15:37:45

no idea.... like the surprise although it does make shopping harder, lol!

will email the lady with the 8 small popolinis i think, that sounds like the best, although i won't need 8, hope she won't mind selling half.

thanks for that lollipop grin

lollipopmother Mon 08-Sep-08 16:23:47

No problem, I looked on ebay for Popolinis but they aren't as cheap as on the website I linked earlier.

JoyS Mon 08-Sep-08 21:49:15

PinkTulips, did you buy anything? If not, I have 4 cotn wraps & 1 imse vimse softwrap all newborn size, barely used. Also have 12 newborn prefolds, from the US, really nice and soft if you're interested.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 08-Sep-08 22:14:23

Message withdrawn

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 08-Sep-08 22:28:07

Message withdrawn

PinkTulips Tue 09-Sep-08 14:15:39

Joy, are they velcro or popper?

have issues with velcro and dp hates them too so avoiding them this time

lollipopmother Tue 09-Sep-08 15:17:52

Those are velcro by the looks of it Tulips, but i'm sure I heard that it's better to use velcro if you're using muslins, as it'll hold them in place better? No idea if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick with that or not though.

I saw that Bigbadmousey is selling off some of her lightly used small ME wraps, maybe see what she's asking?

PinkTulips Tue 09-Sep-08 15:25:29

i think that's if your folding them like prefolds, i'll probably be using nanpy folds as the containment is better for liquid bf poo.

will check out BBMs ME's thanks, has she got an ad in buy and sell?

lollipopmother Tue 09-Sep-08 15:27:25

Tulips - There are these on ebay. She's asking £9.99 total for two new Nature Babies with poppers, 1 x white, 1 x pink checks (she says pink but it looks orange to me!), but she's got a 'best offer' button, so you can stick in a lower price and see if she'll accept. She's also selling blue ones at the same price.

lollipopmother Tue 09-Sep-08 15:28:18

I don't think she's done an ad yet, I just saw her mention it today on the general nappy chat thread.

PinkTulips Tue 09-Sep-08 15:44:39

will pop over and ask her there then

thanks lollipops, you've no idea how hard all this hunting would be with my internet connection... last time i ordered nappies it took me 3 nights 8pm til 2am to find, order and actually convince stupid pc to allow me to pay for them! and i only got 4 nappies and some wipes shock

lollipopmother Tue 09-Sep-08 16:12:24

Oh Jesus, there is nothing that takes the biscuit quite like a crap internet connection!

lollipopmother Tue 09-Sep-08 20:49:47

Tulips - I am sure I've just seen BBM suggesting that airflow or anything that doesn't have gusset legs are not good for prefolds, are muslins prefolds?? She suggests the Rikki's which have gusset legs, but obviously do also have the velcro.

needaholiday Tue 09-Sep-08 20:57:51

nothing to add in the line of poppered wraps as we use velcro ones, but good luck with your baby!

PinkTulips Wed 10-Sep-08 09:59:48

thanks needaholiday smile

won't be using them like prefolds lollipop as bf poo shoots everywhere like that, will be doing nappy folds with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now