Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

TotsBots Wraps are Leaking! Any suggestions?

(10 Posts)
SummerC Mon 08-Sep-08 10:58:59

Hi Everyone. I use Motherease one-size and totsbots wraps for my dd. She is 8 months old and we have never had a problem until now. She recently went up to size 2 wraps and we have had nothing but leaks since then. Surprisingly, it's not really leaking out the legs, but is actually coming through the wrap itself. I am trying to figure out whether the wraps are crap and I need to buy more, or whether it is time to start using her booster pads inside the nappy?

Anyone have any similar experiences?

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Sep-08 11:27:44

Sounds like faulty wraps, are they new?

BigBadMousey Mon 08-Sep-08 15:34:29

Which wraps are they? Tots have changed their wraps quite a lot recently - the most recent ones are supposed to be excellent but they are deisned for the shape of tots nappies which is quite different to MEOS.

Is the nappy underneath absolutely sodden? If so then many wraps will not be able to contain the moisture. I would speak to totsbots about it if the nappy underneath is not soaked and if the wraps are quite new but they will want to know how the wraps have been treated - in particular if they have been in contact with essential oils such as tea tree which degrades PUL.

Why are you using tots wraps over MEOS? I suspect it is because you are totally bored of or uninspired by the patterns on the Motherease wraps <ZZZZzzzzzz>. Motherease wraps are very good and tbh I would use them in preference to the tots wraps any day. <Disclaimer - I haven't tried the very recently introduced new tots wraps (nappyzone has though I think>

SummerC Mon 08-Sep-08 16:34:35

They were reasonably new, but because we had washed them a couple times (on 40 only) we aren't able to return them. I have a hard time believing all 3 could be faulty though, so maybe there was something wrong with how we washed them?

I was using totsbots because when we bought all our nappies, they were they only ones with velcro closures that our stockist carried. I was in today and got two motherease ones with poppers on the sides to try. So hopefully that should sort it.

The nappy is absolutely sodden when we change her (and we never leave her in one for longer than 2 hours). I'm thinking maybe it's time to start using her boosters as well now.

I'll try the new wraps for a few days and see how they are. If we still have leaks, I may try using the boosters as well.

Thanks for your help.

BigBadMousey Mon 08-Sep-08 17:13:30

Airflows (what you have there) are fantastic wraps. I don't bother with anything else unless I am doing wrap trials. I think the issue is the nappy being so wet - motherease wraps are more waterproof and should help.

tbh - I really don't like MEOS. I found them to be nowhere near absorbant enough for DD2 and she isn't a heavy wetter. Lots of people do like them though so I hope the booster works well for you.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 08-Sep-08 19:53:03

Message withdrawn

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Sep-08 20:59:51

I am glad the little one i have isn;t a gusher tho she wets it isn't huge amounts poop is another matter entirely

I haven't moved into our size 2 prefolds as a size 1 is more than enough every 3 hours.

clainne Sun 14-Sep-08 20:54:44

Hi
we have the same problem, size 1 tb wraps were fine and didn't leak but the size 2 leak every single time even if only left on for an hour or so, they are a complete distaster and I think ours are about to go in the bin. They are the old version, bought around March this year, maybe the new ones are better but I don't think I will risk trying them. I find the Motherease airflow and rikki wraps really reliable - they always stay dry.

SummerC Tue 16-Sep-08 21:54:46

We have been using the air flow wraps for about a week now and I must admit I am a convert!! I love them. They never leak, dd has had less instances of nappy rash and she just seems so much happier. The nappies still tend to be rather sodden, so I think it may still be time to start using our boosters.

BigBadMousey Wed 17-Sep-08 09:29:10

Glad you got it sorted smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now