Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Perfect on potty - but only when naked...

(4 Posts)
theyoungvisiter Sun 07-Sep-08 19:29:40

Anyone got any suggestions for how to deal with this? DS (2.4) is really good on the potty but only when he doesn't have trousers or pants on. When he's fully dressed he basically acts as if he's got a nappy on.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? He likes wearing pants and gets upset when he wets himself as the stain appears - but doesn't seem to think about it beforehand, even if I ask him if he wants to use the potty he will just say no and struggle if I try to undress him.

On the other hand when he's got no pants on he's fine and will go and find the potty and sit on it himself without any prompting.

Because he's so unreliable in trousers we've sort of fallen into a routine of potty at home and nappies when out and about - but should I just go cold turkey and hope he gets the idea?

KnickersOnMaHead Sun 07-Sep-08 19:52:13

Message withdrawn

theyoungvisiter Sun 07-Sep-08 20:41:13

he probably can't manage his own trousers - pants maybe but probably not both - I've been trying to get him to ask, or to go when I suggest it, but he doesn't ask (except when he's got no trousers on!) and he's incredibly resistant to me putting him on the potty to have a try - and I don't like to force it in case he gets a phobia.

BigHotMama Wed 17-Sep-08 20:33:59

Just wondering TYV if you did go cold turkey and how it went???
We are having same problem with our ds 2, but he wont even allow us to put the pants on him as he screams, so we haven't gone out the door without a nappy yet but he is doing all his wee's on potty at home as let him go commando grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now