Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Real nappies help

(3 Posts)
rusmum Wed 03-Sep-08 17:24:51

OK getting there with cotton nappies.
But,,

Are all pre folds the same?

To wet pail or dry pail... does it matter??

What can i use in wash instead of nappy bright?? Anythind cheaper and better for environment??

How can I use real at night as very leaky???

loler Wed 03-Sep-08 17:31:35

Are all pre folds the same?

I've tried 2 types and they were pretty much the same. Personally prefer shaped nappies. Buy one of a few different types and see which you like. You will probably find that the type you prefer changes when your dc grows.

To wet pail or dry pail... does it matter??

I dry pail as can't be doing with stinking water! With lid on bucket they don't smell and are easier to get into the washing machine without sloshing water everywhere

What can i use in wash instead of nappy bright?? Anythind cheaper and better for environment??

If you don't care about getting really really white nappies (after all they only go strainght onto dc bum again) just use an eco washing powder. The stains fade to be replaced by new ones and a good hang in the sun or on a window sill gets rid of the bad ones.

How can I use real at night as very leaky???

Get a motherease wrap (I prefer rikki wraps) they never leak

needaholiday Fri 05-Sep-08 01:13:07

prefolds come in different sizes, small, medium and large. They also come in different colours and patterns not just white.

Dry pailing is fine,as loler says it saves dragging buckets of water round the place. Maybe rinse them through before dry pailing if you do get a smell.

Wash with ordinary washing powder/liquid/ eco balls/soap nuts. Nappies don't have to be bright white grin

for nights invest in a fleece covered wrap from here only £5.99 and never leak, plus soft and comfortable and easy.
Also try pinning the prefold around the baby like a shaped nappy, then padfold a small prefold to use between the pinned prefold and the wrap. Makes a great overnight combo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now