Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DS doesn't want to wear nappies at night but doesn't wake for wee...

(4 Posts)
Mogsmum Wed 03-Sep-08 10:51:26

Ds is nearly 3 and dry through the day. Two days ago he decided he didn't want to wear a nappy at night so I invested in some bed mats and put him to bed nappyless. Monday night didn't lift him when I went to bed and he woke at 0020, wet through and freezing cold. Changed bed and put him back down in a nappy, he was half asleep and couldn't complain. Last night I tried to lift him when I went to bed but he point blank refused and not wanting to wake him, I left him. He woke at 0130 wet, so changed bed again and put him back down in a nappy.

Am I doing the right thing to try and lift him? Will he take time but eventually be dry? Shall I just put up with the extra washing and feel happy that progress is being made?

bethoo Wed 03-Sep-08 10:53:30

have you tried those pull up pants and justtell him that they are big kids pants to keep his bottom warm or somethign like that?

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Sep-08 10:56:59

well get some pull ups and try to make him happy with them
but at the oend of the day
he isn't able to get up for wees yet so he has to have something on

Mogsmum Wed 03-Sep-08 11:11:54

I'll try the pull ups - thanks.

TrinityRhino, it's not that he can't get up for a wee - he's in a bed and Iput the potty next to his bed - I just think he sleeps too heavily and doesn't yet wake at the sensation of needing a wee at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now