Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2 steps forward and 10 back with potty training ds

(3 Posts)
dustyteddy Mon 01-Sep-08 15:51:42

I have been trying to potty train my ds for 2 months now. It seems that some weeks he is really keen to use the potty and we have lots of wee's in the potty and few accidents and then the next week he completely reverts and wee's on the floor. He will never poo in the potty and always asks for a pull up. Although he doesn't like the pull up changed now?! aargh!

I don't know if I should just forget potty training for now, (he is 2.11 btw) and put him back in his pull ups full time. I'm getting fed up of clearing up wee. Perhaps he is picking up on this, but I am trying not to show I'm angry to him.

He goes to pre school in November and I would really like him trained by then. Plus I also have an 8 month old dd and it would be nice to only have to change 1 set of nappies not 2!

dustyteddy Mon 01-Sep-08 15:59:09

desperate bump grin

ches Mon 01-Sep-08 17:10:36

Can you cram a soaker in the front of his undies? Works like a champ for us and saves a pair of trousers, too. Also, how often are you asking him if he needs to wee? Seems like asking him/taking him to the toilet is much easier than cleaning up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now