Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Aargh, I can't believe I am asking this!!!!

(36 Posts)
broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:23:19

How many times a day does your 9mo poo???? My DS poos around 5 times a day, yes, FIVE! And they are not insubstantial - infact my DH said that he'd be proud of them if they were his! THIS IS NOT NORMAL IS IT????? And when will it stop?? Am I doomed to dealing with this indefatigable engine of pollution for the next two years? <pathetic wail>

Liz79 Sun 31-Aug-08 20:31:38

My 8.5mo goes once a day most days. Dunno if thats normal as she is my first. indefatigable is a big word

LetThemEatCake Sun 31-Aug-08 20:38:13

my nearly 9mo goes 2-3 times a day. Big 'uns too.

dd was more of a one-a-day girl.

what does your ds eat?

broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:48:11

Oh boy does he eat.... DD was a big eater but she was a tidy once-a-day-in-the-morning-after-breakfast kind of a baby.

DS is a REALLY big eater. Three milk feeds a day plus three main meals and a couple of snacks.

Normal day's menu:
07:00 milk feed
07.30 a weetabix or a piece of toast plus a bit of fruit
10.30 ish yoghurt with some fruit
11.30 ish cooked lunch e.g. pasta with sauce or some veggies
14.30 snack of fruit
15.30 ish milk feed
17.30 cooked dinner e.g. rice with fish and brocoli followed by fruit and maybe yoghurt
19.00 milk feed

I tend to let him feed himself which is messy but if I feed him he just doesn't want to stop eating!

What do you think?

Katw3kitts Sun 31-Aug-08 20:50:44

DS2 (20months) has always been a 'one meal in ...one meal out' kinda boy !

Its grim isn't it all this changing grin

I'd love him to go just once a day !!!

broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:54:15

but DD just produced one a day!!!! I just cannot cope with all this poo... <sobs into wine glass>

Olihan Sun 31-Aug-08 20:57:00

DS2 is 20mo and still has at least 2 a day. He takes after his father though, who is a several a day man at 29yo grin.

broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:59:53

<broguemum tries to be stoic but fails horribly and takes another slurp of wine>

earlyriser Sun 31-Aug-08 21:10:05

I'm with you on this one broguemum, my ds 13m, 5-6 times a day! I change more for poo than wee, can even change a totally dry nappy cos he's had ANOTHER poo! drives me mad! He does eat a lot of fruit though, think that is the cause. [solidarity emoticon]

broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 21:14:14

Yay! I am not alone!!! Maybe we need a support thread for mothers of serial pooers?

earlyriser Sun 31-Aug-08 21:17:10

LOL! All I can say is thankfully I don't use reusable nappies with him (did with dd but she did her poos in a potty from about 13m)it would be soul destroying flushing the poo down the loo 6 times a day!!

Washersaurus Sun 31-Aug-08 21:17:12

Count me in too, DS2 poos in almost every nappy I put him in (at least 4 each day).

Strange as DS1 seems to be able to poo once every 4 days hmm

Washersaurus Sun 31-Aug-08 21:18:22

Well earlyriser, just think of me dangling my son's pooey fleece liners down the toilet several times each day, and thank your lucky stars grin

earlyriser Sun 31-Aug-08 21:20:48

ooo and wringing them out too...you have my every sympathy!

earlyriser Sun 31-Aug-08 21:21:21

ooo and wringing them out too...you have my every sympathy!

broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 21:21:34

We're in reuseables. Lots of poo gets shaken off down the loo here wink
. The creche even sent one back in a nappy neatly wrapped up in the plastic bag. Unfortunately I only spotted the turd when it was being turned slowly round and round in my washing machine leaving a lurverly smear on the glass. Not a good day that one...

Washersaurus Sun 31-Aug-08 21:24:52

I've had to stop and drain my machine on a couple of occasions because I have spotted a spinning turd on the glass <vom>

I'm actually wondering if DS2 (13mo) has some sort of intolerance because not only is he pooing several times each day, but his poos aren't really very solid, despite eating the same meals as we do (hence the fleece liner sluicing)

bran Sun 31-Aug-08 21:25:15

DS was a multiple pooer at least 3 a day when he was in nappies, he was very fast too. All the other babies would go red or grunt or go stiff, DS would look wistful for a few seconds and that was all. Even if he was running (older than 9 months by then obviously) he would barely break his stride to poo. He still does at least 2 and usually 3 a day now.

The bad news is that toilet training was an absolute nightmare. He hardly ever made it to the loo on time for about 6 months, that's a lot of cheap pants full of gooey poo to cut off a child. sad He still (aged 4) rarely walks to the loo, he usually has to run as fast as he can.

broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 21:30:26

SpinningTurdOnGlass - could be a cool nick name.

Hope your DS is OK. We have a huge variety in shape, consistency, texture etc. Currently DS is in his firm but fair mode and all turds plop off into the loo without sluicing being required. Sluicing is my pet hate - nearly went to paper liners when DS went through an adhesive phase. Fortunately it didn't last as we cut down on bread and other glutenie stuff.

<Oh my God, I am discussing POO!!!! What has happened to me??>

earlyriser Sun 31-Aug-08 21:31:06

Ds doesn't have solid ones either, sometimes a jelly like substance comes out too. I too was wondering about intolerances but hv/doctors think this is normal and i've not really persued it other than casually mentioning it to them.

Olihan Sun 31-Aug-08 21:40:54

DS2's are still sloppy - adhesive is just the word. He's also in washables and even sluicing doesn't get rid of enough. So I end up scraping the worst off with loo roll then scrubbing under the utility tap.

<pathetic attempt at getting sympathy> grin

broguemum Sun 31-Aug-08 21:45:29

OMG - just read bran's post about potty training... <gulps>.

Olihan - we used to have a "poo-spoon" for that very purpose. Here you go - a bucket of sympathy heading your way...

Washersaurus Sun 31-Aug-08 21:45:36

Oh Olihan, I don't bother with all that anymore; after sluicing I now just bung them straight in the bucket, poo and everything. It is sooo vile. I don't think the spinning turd in the machine was DS2's though, it must have been DS1's (who is now potty trained)

Washersaurus Sun 31-Aug-08 21:46:13

Aha broguemum, I thought I recognised your name - I remember your poo spoon well grin

Olihan Sun 31-Aug-08 21:47:40

<Snort> at poo spoon, now that's funny grin.

<Boring serious question alert - do you wet or dry pail if you don't scrub the sticky bits?>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now